GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Over last 3-4 years Sid? Get off the stage.

What relevance has what a team did 3-4 years ago got to their ranking now? Tyrone are a top four team now to use your criteria.

Agreed. Cork are flat track bullies.

Cork are undoubtedly the worst ai winners since Donegal in '92. They are simply a good league side who happened to fluke their way to an AI by somehow meeting a div 3 side in an AI final. The only reason cork won an AI in the 90s was 2 fold . 1 Meath got sick of beating them 2 they imported quality footballers ( fahy and tomkins) who had not served the usual cork footballing apprentice as Kerry’s bitches

to put this in context

there are 5 counties that play hurling seriously in munster and he couldnt win it

We’re going on the criteria of another poster Sid. Lay off the sherry will ya

You really have not got over the hiding you got in reardons have you .

So we’re agreed Cork are not a top three team?

No, it’s between them and Dublin, and seeing as they have the Duns measure I’d say top 3, just. Behind the 2 finalists obviously. And as league winners they certainly deserve the nod.

Kev in “Donegal were a top three team in 2007” shocker.

They had a few league wins but those really aren’t good enough for this cork team any more. The all Ireland won was not as competitive as this or last years IMO, but you can only beat what’s in front of you in fairness. You’ve pointed out some of the cork failings same as me. I suppose my biggest problem is that other counties have achieved far more with panels and starting 15s that I consider are simply not as good as what cork have available. Donegal and mayo this year, Dublin last, Kerry at certain points in recent years have all been better teams playing better football than cork -and the disappointment is that cork have a better squad of footballers than any of them.

I suppose over 4 years with the league wins you could say cork have been the most consistent team over that period, but its kind of a moot point since they were a long way from the best team this year and last. Maybe I’m being harsh or unfair but I judge them by high standards because I think they should be better.

Padjo Og O’Shaughnessy has resigned as manager of the Ballysteen senior football team.

:lol:

If you knew the manager you would not be joking about him

Ya glas you could say that. But I look at it differently. I think management, of anything or anybody, is massive. Counihan is a nice man and did well in ways, but he is old school and reluctant to change. Cork have not evolved or developed as they should. A Cody type figure with Cork and they would have at least another All Ireland, if not 2. He is conservative, and ironically while that probably assured success in 10 it cost them elsewhere.

Anyone saying a title is devalued unless it’s drug related is either wumming or has never played a team sport in their lives. Not suggesting that’s you glasagusban by the way.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 155212”]

You really have not got over the hiding you got in reardons have you .[/quote]
I was hoping you’d bite, glad to see it worked. There was an ape from cork in our local last night and he drove us all out, he was fucking unbearable and that accent …anyway I had to lash out in response , carry on, bad post

That’s hardly biting kid. But it’s only foreign men that the accent annoys, the women love it.

Anyway, I’d take any handy All Ireland’s going.

:lol:

On the Cork thing, it is ridiculous to suggest they are not the best team of the last 3-4 years. They have been consistently up there challenging for majors and in the last four years for example have won an All-Ireland, three league titles and two Munster championships. No shame in losing to a superb Donegal team this year in the semi-final. I would rank them currently as the second best team in the country (behind Donegal). If Cork were in the other semi-final versus Dublin they would now be in another final themselves, have no doubt. And they will be back next year strong again.

Did the Runt miss all the frees again?

A current Tipperary hurler I spoke to last night would welcome the re-appointment of Babs Keating.