GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Wonderful news. The momentum grows.

Oh please let it happen.
If we’re on our way back to the chasing pack, then I want these cunts as barren as they were between 71 and 87.
One per decade is too much for them.

Can’t see Babs taking it again after the way he was treated the last time.

Eamon O Shea is set to be confirmed as manager by the County Board with Michael Ryan,Eamon Corcoran and Declan Fanning as selectors.

You’re nearly correct. Babs will be the Team Manager with the rest assisting.

I assume Sid was fed a serious joke there. No Tipp hurler would want Babs In fairness. Not even Cummins.

Didn’t Babs drop Cummins? Ah hurling was in a better place when the likes of Babs and Richie Bennis were arm and arm giving post match interviews

Babs i still giving post mathc interviews, its just that no one listens anymore.

I see in this mornings Examiner that Cian O’Neill has agreed in principle to join the Kerry backroom team for next year. Big blow for Mayo

What teams has Eamon O’Shea managed up to now.

There seems to be an aura around him based on his training methods but what is it. Attack attack attack seems his philosophy which sounds great but is that it? I think watchthebrwsk on here wanks over his photo often hut what has he got that has Tipp and others drooling over.
Will he manage and train them also, is he a one stop shop. Can he manage? Is that what he does? Who will manage the multi million euro research programme in ucg?

Big coup for Eamon Fitz

Made sense for both parties really, Kerry just didn’t look physically imposing this year while O,Neill probably had enough of the long trek up to Mayo from Limerick a couple of nights a week.

Kerry should be feared next year after this appointment, what an achievement it would be for Cian to be involved in a 5th straight All Ireland possibly.

:rolleyes:

Huge loss for Mayo.

Limerick hurlers also looking for cian O’Neill

Judging by the hurling Tipp were playing in 09 and 10 he is an amazing coach and I’d imagine a quick return to that style. Tipps forward play particularly went a long way backwards when Sheedy’s management team left. I think Tipp still have a panel of players as good as they did then and they’ll be driven to get back to where they were, also they believe in O’Shea’s coaching and tactics as opposed to the disagreement they had with Ryan. I’m sure O’Shea will have learned a lot about delegation of various duties under Sheedy and I reckon he’ll bring them success.

Evidently Counihan is staying on for at least another year. Kerry will dominate Munster football again it looks like.

Any word on whether there will be any changes or additions to the Limerick management set up? Presumably they are in the market for a selector or two?

Eamonn O’Shea has been ratified as the new Tipp manager. Good appointment for them you would think, especially when you consider the alternatives

On the surface it looks like a little silver lining here for Tipp.
I think the current crop are finished as far as winning All-Irelands are concerned though