GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Antrim footbalers even

I was just about to pull you up on that.

thought gerry adams son was a shoe in for that?..

His Ulster title as Down hurling manager in 1997 made me assume that he had been appointed Antrim hurling boss. Then I remembered his county titles as manager of Burren footballers and quickly corrected my error without denying I had made it in the first place. That’s good, face saving backtracking.

3 of the 2002 Armagh All Ireland winning team now in situ in Leinster and two of them going head to head in the first round of Leinster in 2013. I’m sure we’re all in agreement that Laois v Louth can’t come soon enough.

Textbook backtrack, Sidney. Some of the newer members could learn a lot from it.

Not so sure Meath should have announced their manager and new sponsor on the same day…

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548094_10151094362157582_885117282_n.jpg

Bit of a rumble in Mayo

http://hoganstand.com/mayo/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=178848

Saw that in the examiner today. They’d be mad to lose him, surely it’ll be sorted out. Of course it were limerick the county board would probably drop him straight away!

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 155294”]

Saw that in the examiner today. They’d be mad to lose him, surely it’ll be sorted out. Of course it were limerick the county board would probably drop him straight away![/quote]

Depends on whether he was the sponsors choice of manager. The limerick county board left a lame duck manager in place for a whole season to prove a point.

I’d say Horan is striking while the iron is hot. Look for improvements when you have a chance of getting them.

This. Its a nothing story.

Never underestimate Mayo’s capacity to self-destruct.

Kevin likes horn.

It was pretty funny when McDevitt kept asking Brady what the specific complaints were on OTB, and all Brady could come up with was that the lights in McHale Park weren’t always switched on.

[color="#0084b4"]Waterford GAA [color="#66b5d2"]@[color="#0084b4"]WaterfordGAA
SH manager Ml Ryan has informed Co Board Chairman Tom Cunningham that selector Ken McGrath has tendered his resignation on personal grounds

Joe Sheridan is really letting himself go

Wasn’t he the coach as well? Players were full of praise for him last year. That’s Waterfords resurgence set back another while.

Waterford are gone if Ken is gone.

That should be the case alright particularly if Ken is replaced by some wild man from the West.

That should be the case alright particularly if Ken is replaced by some wild man from the West.