GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

They were hardly all ancient in 2013 under O’Shea and the super under 21s of 2010 were of a good age for O’Shea

How about another theory. It has feck all to do with O’Shea or Ryan and Tipp players aren’t just doing it these times plus were mighty fortunate in 2010 with Shefflin and B Hogan crocked for Kilkenny

I see myboyblue hasn’t been online since Glenn Ryan ruled himself out for the Kildare job. :smiley:

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 837387, member: 1379”]They were hardly all ancient in 2013 under O’Shea and the super under 21s of 2010 were of a good age for O’Shea

How about another theory. It has feck all to do with O’Shea or Ryan and Tipp players aren’t just doing it these times plus were mighty fortunate in 2010 with Shefflin and B Hogan crocked for Kilkenny[/quote]

Too busy roasting young wans in Thurles and getting bailed out on the QT by the county board since the 2010 victory.

My sources across the border inform me that Jack O Connor has had discussions with high level people in the Kildare CB.

In fairness those sort of pastimes will keep you busy.

Jack O Connor has chosen to oust Mickey Ned from the Kerry minor job rather than face a trip to Kildare, so my sources now inform me that following discussion with McStay, McEntee, Darragh O Se and Glen Ryan, somewhere between 5th and 8th choice Jason Ryan is now the leading candidate for the role.

Kildare are fucked so

I hear McGeeney will be his assistant.

You need new sources, them lads are making an awful clown of ya. :smiley:

Huh? O Connor did have discussions. He wisely chose against. My sources are spot on, as they are 60% of the time, everytime.

I don’t believe for one minute all those guys were in discussions. If you were having discussions, you’d be interested in the job. None of these lads would have discussions and then say no. These types get offered the job.

And why would anyone want Daragh O Se?? He has done very little coaching.

neither had Pat Gilroy…

You just don’t get it do you?

the Gospel According to Kev?..no…fuck no…

The modern inter-county manager often does very little coaching.
He does the managing. The coaches do the coaching.

But he had coached. And had been a very successful business manager.

Not compareable

Neither does Jimmy Barry-Murphy.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 839619, member: 1786”]The modern inter-county manager often does very little coaching.
He does the managing. The coaches do the coaching.[/quote]

True, but you need to understand coaching to manage it.

JBM. Coached for 20 years.