GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Simple rule of thumb in this life, never hire your own replacement.

Jason Ryan looks a shoo in for Kildare

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 840481, member: 180”]Simple rule of thumb in this life, never hire your own replacement.
[/quote]
Worked out pretty well for Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan.

Were any of them sacked?

Exactly.

Well clamped

McStay admits he’s in the running for Kildare job.

Super. Anything that gets him off the TV coverage is good with me.

Tomas O’Flatharta being linked with the Laois job.

Being put forward in fact

He’s in the hot zone as far as the Kildare job is concerned.

I doubt you’re overly excited about that mbb.

I doubt Tomas is either.

He inherits a well organized and conditioned outfit and not the mess Galway was post Kernan I’d imagine, but yea, that’s putting it mildly. Was never going to a big name, money wasnt there and unlike our neighbours the appetite isn’t there to bankrupt the county either. Would have preferred Joe Higgins, delighted it wasnt McGeeney however.

We haven’t kidnapped him.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 841482, member: 180”]He inherits a well organized and conditioned outfit and not the mess Galway was post Kernan I’d imagine, but yea, that’s putting it mildly. Was never going to a big name, money wasnt there and unlike our neighbours the appetite isn’t there to bankrupt the county either. Would have preferred Joe Higgins, delighted it wasnt McGeeney however.

We haven’t kidnapped him.[/quote]

Is Paul Clancy involved these days?

No, he only put in the one year, no involvement this year at all.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 841482, member: 180”]He inherits a well organized and conditioned outfit and not the mess Galway was post Kernan I’d imagine, but yea, that’s putting it mildly. Was never going to a big name, money wasnt there and unlike our neighbours the appetite isn’t there to bankrupt the county either. Would have preferred Joe Higgins, delighted it wasnt McGeeney however.
.[/quote]

I remember the way he set up westmeath against the dubs a few years ago…it was the worst intercounty match i was ever at…if he is still at that craic you´ll be begging for Mcnulty to come back…

I’ll take the rumoured selector to step in if it comes to pass.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 824360, member: 180”]A huge name in GAA circles has put his name into the ring for the Laois job. My source precludes me from mentioning names here but this could be the biggest shock in GAA circles in decades. Truly incredible scenes if true, a recent change in the mans circumstances show he is already clearing his calendar to prepare to assume command.

Oh and McGeeney is being shown the road in sheepland.[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O Flaherty

[quote=“Appendage, post: 841685, member: 11”]Could’ve

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O Flaherty[/quote]
I called it about McGeeney, cheers buddy :clap:

Laois lost to Louth Longford and Wexford in recent years in Leinster, all thing being equal O Flathartha is the level we’re at in attracting big names without big money behind it.

Laois is a hurling county anyway

Jason Ryan apparently has the Kildare job and will be appointed tomorrow night.

Edit: ratified, not appointed.