GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Liam Bradley has been appointed Antrim Senior Football bainisteoir.

Liam is the father of Derry stars, Paddy and Eoin

RTE are reporting that Kerry are going to approach Jack O’Connor to return as senior football manager.

The Oulart manager Kevin Ryan expressed an interest in the Wexford hurling job on local radio over the weekend too.

[quote=“Bandage”]RTE are reporting that Kerry are going to approach Jack O’Connor to return as senior football manager.

The Oulart manager Kevin Ryan expressed an interest in the Wexford hurling job on local radio over the weekend too.[/quote]

The Irish Independant has four names for the Kerry Job and Mick O Dwyer is one of them, along with O Conner and Liam Kearns and Tomas O Flaharta.

Kearns, snigger…

Micko might be a good fit, I could see stranger things. Get Fanning in with him and you’re all set. One last hurrah for the ol rogue, I’d love to see it.

Armagh are on the lookout for a new hurling manager after Mattie Lennon stepped down from the role.

Lennon, who has been in charge of The Orchard County hurlers for three years, has indicated that because of work commitments he can no longer give the Armagh job the dedication it deserves.

Derrynoose man Lennon has a respectable record from his time in charge of Armagh, during which the county returned to the Ulster Championship, bowing out at the quarter-final stage in his final year in charge following a decent campaign in the league.

Lennon is sorry to leave the post but feels he can no longer give it the time it needs and, after paying tribute to the players he has worked with, has stepped aside allowing the County Board to go in search of a replacement.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Armagh are on the lookout for a new hurling manager after Mattie Lennon stepped down from the role.

Lennon, who has been in charge of The Orchard County hurlers for three years, has indicated that because of work commitments he can no longer give the Armagh job the dedication it deserves.

Derrynoose man Lennon has a respectable record from his time in charge of Armagh, during which the county returned to the Ulster Championship, bowing out at the quarter-final stage in his final year in charge following a decent campaign in the league.

Lennon is sorry to leave the post but feels he can no longer give it the time it needs and, after paying tribute to the players he has worked with, has stepped aside allowing the County Board to go in search of a replacement.[/quote]

i thought they scrapped huring in Ulster?

Not exactly there yet, but still better than this “stick stick” you refer to.

swamp stick?

on a slightly related topic, i was having a conversation with a fairly knowledgable hurling head monday evening and he was saying that insread of antrim playing in leinster that a ulster representative team should be in leinster picking form the best of antrim, derry and down (possibly any other decent hurlers up there), that they would be more competitive and it would benefit ulster better…he said he was at the match in fermoy saturday and was impressed with the ulster side and that with a bit of cohesion and collective training they would be a fairly decent side…

Ha, Ha I’d say you had some right conversations on Monday evening alright!!!

you better believe it:D…but on a serious note i think it could be a fairly decent idea in theory…

I agree. I also think we should fuck clare and Limerick together too - they would be more competitive and it would benefit both counties.

Throw Tipp in too, might get a few decent footballers out of them all.

sure what the fuck would ye know about hurling in clockjordan:p…

Anyone know what the fook is going with the appointment of a Donegal football manager?

Bonner and Mulgrew were meeting the county board tonight to have their say on the process but still looks unlikely they’ll get it. Weird stuff.

On a point of Order. Kilruane McDonaghs are the parish team of the the village of Cloughjordan. Kilruane McDonaghs have won an AI Ireland club championship, beating Buffers Alley of Wexfod in the Final in Croke Park.

I will excuse your ignorance in such matters on grounds of your address and obviously the fact that this happened pre 1995.

Also, I have not resided in said village for nigh on 15 years now.

[quote=“tipptops*”]On a point of Order. Kilruane McDonaghs are the parish team of the the village of Cloughjordan. Kilruane McDonaghs have won an AI Ireland club championship, beating Buffers Alley of Wexfod in the Final in Croke Park.

I will excuse your ignorance in such matters on grounds of your address and obviously the fact that this happened pre 1995.

Also, I have not resided in said village for nigh on 15 years now.[/quote]

I am delighted to see you have brought up kilruane mcdonaghs, would you care to tell me what coach was sent down there to put structures in place and help take themn out of the doldrums a few years ago…

again post-95.

Do you know who Len Gaynor is?

[quote=“tipptops*”]again post-95.

Do you know who Len Gaynor is?[/quote]

i do indeed know who len gaynor is as i do know who mark o leary is also…typical tipp man living in the past…you are avoiding my question…i shall ask you again…when the munster council(and tipp gaa) saw that kilruane mcdonaghs were goosed a few tears ago, who did they send there to put the correct structures in place and show the locals how to coach teams…it sure as fuck wasn’t len gaynor…