GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

The lad supplying tyres to the Waterford county board will be seriously out of pocket in this regime.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01657/mull620_1657553a.jpg

Frank Flannery is one of the best coaches in Cork, great appointment. His achievement with Carrigtohill far outweighs anything else he did. They were handy, but probably the 8th or 9th most talented club in Cork. Very good with young lads by all accounts.

It sounds like Waterford will have very little excuses now. Although I am slightly surprised by big Dan. Has he been involved In coaching?

why does he need to have coached if he is only a selector?..some of the best coaches don’t have a clue about picking a team and they don’t need to either as its not their job…just like selectors don’t need to know a whole lot about coaching as its no their job…

Ah scumpot, those roles hardly exist anymore. Everyone is expected to share the load these days, especially at IC level. He could be a roaring success without having any experience, it was just out of the blue

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 850512, member: 273”]Frank Flannery is one of the best coaches in Cork, great appointment. His achievement with Carrigtohill far outweighs anything else he did. They were handy, but probably the 8th or 9th most talented club in Cork. Very good with young lads by all accounts.

It sounds like Waterford will have very little excuses now. Although I am slightly surprised by big Dan. Has he been involved In coaching?[/quote]

Would you “rate” his achievement of winning AI camogie club with Milford Kev?

The Offaly selection committee has recommended the appointment of Brian Whelehan as senior hurling manager

Looks as though Brian Whelahan will be the next Offaly manager

Ya of course. Although in context, without having any great knowledge of the present camogie scene, were they not a powerhouse anyway?

Still a very notable achievement.

Midlands Sport running it as a done deal. Interesting, he did a stint with Camross, may have won a Senior for them but I honestly can’t recall for sure if was over them then. Don’t know if he had any other jobs of note? Doubt he was first choice but if he gets a good coach in there it could be as good as they could expect.

Brian Whelahen :clap:

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 850799, member: 273”]Ya of course. Although in context, without having any great knowledge of the present camogie scene, were they not a powerhouse anyway?

Still a very notable achievement.[/quote]

Had lost few co finals I think that was there first county as well.

This is great. I fucking hate Brian Whelehan. Liam Dunne will put him in his place.

I thought it was Castletown. Did he train some team in Galway too? Possibly Castlegar?

If Offaly take the thing seriously at all, they can trouble teams. Whelahan seems like a half arsed lazy appointment.

No it was Camross

What the deuce…

Agreed. Not surprisingly, Offaly county board seem to have made a complete clusterfuck of the appointment process

Good luck Sid.

What do you expect when the likes of Duignan swerved it after being offered it a few times.

Frankie was coach to the Kerry hurlers under John Meyler when they won the Christy Ring cup

He is also coach to the St Brendans hurlers in the replay of the Kerry hurling final next Sunday. They haven’t won in in 23 years.