GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 850859, member: 1379”]Frankie was coach to the Kerry hurlers under John Meyler when they won the Christy Ring cup

He is also coach to the St Brendans hurlers in the replay of the Kerry hurling final next Sunday. They haven’t won in in 23 years.[/quote]

The Donie Buckley of hurling.

Obviously Cork couldn’t entertain such a guy without a couple of All Ireland medals.

@Sidney

Pete McGrath :clap:

How so, CB?

Whelahan was appointed as minor manager a few months back so was obviously not an original candidate for the senior job. This could have been an ideal role.

Obvious candidates, Owens and Hogan, seem to have been ignored initially. Job was offered elsewhere and refused. In the end athe county board were left with nobody else standing other than their new minor manager.

Whelahan was a class act as a player but his management experience is very limited. I’ve no idea what they thought of him in Galway but the Camross lads weren’t too impressed when they had him.

Maybe the underage appointments are more important at this stage. Offaly really need to bring through a top class group from the underage ranks. The core of that senior team is pushing on. They’re definitely capable of a good run if they got a bit of luck but they need some young talent to rejuvenate the set-up. Has to be getting depressing to keep going out in the qualifiers every year.

[quote=“corner back, post: 857704, member: 1572”]
but the Camross lads weren’t too impressed when they had him.[/quote]

yeah i heard he tried to introduce a ball to training matches…

McGeeney joins Tipp Hurling backroom team as ‘performance coach’

o_O

Smashing. The steady decline of Tipp hurling continues! :pint:

What?
That’s bizarre. Some of his teams performances have been so poor and below par he has a bit of a cheek to call himself this. Not sure how he is qualified, what’s his background?

And what does he do for a living? He’s got 2 pretty high profile support roles now, is he just freelancing or what? Surely he hasn’t an employer to answer to?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 859274, member: 273”]What?
That’s bizarre. Some of his teams performances have been so poor and below par he has a bit of a cheek to call himself this. Not sure how he is qualified, what’s his background?

And what does he do for a living? He’s got 2 pretty high profile support roles now, is he just freelancing or what? Surely he hasn’t an employer to answer to?[/quote]

I don’t know Kev. I just copied something I saw on Twitter.

I love the way Kev has marked this dumb but then pretty much agreed with it in his next post :smiley:

How could I possibly agree with confusion? It’s impossible. I rate everything dumb for him, the whole rating thing seems to be really important to him. I looked sin at my alerts this morning, 25 posts rated dumb by MBB over the weekend.

I don’t know why I thought you might know, this is GAA after all.

:smiley:

There’s been some tremendous ‘banter’ on the ol post ratings between myself and caoimhaoin over the past few days, its like a Cold War of sorts, its not the first time he’s done this though which has been incredibly amusing. I turned off all notifications months ago, leads to a far more enjoyable TFK experience.

I imagine the constant stream of dumb, old and disagree ratings would get disheartening alright. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ya sure he did

The INTERNET is a serious business mate, life or death some might say. Treat is as such and you’ll do just fine. THIS is the pinnacle after all :wink:

In words of Jack Nickelson “He can’t handle the truth”. :smiley:

There’s so much wrong with this post, I wouldn’t even know where to start. It just makes me :frowning: