GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Still hurling away I believe, haven’t seen Mullinahone hurling this year.

Jim McCorry is the new Down manager.

Hasn’t been playing senior for Mullinahone this year anyway

Talk that Grimley could come back on board as part of McGeeney’s backroom team - great stuff, Grimley is one of the gentlemen of the game.

[ATTACH=full]1739[/ATTACH]

:eek:

:eek::eek:

Another victory for TFK :clap:

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1021123, member: 9”][ATTACH=full]1739[/ATTACH]

:eek:
[/QUOTE]
:D:D:D

Liam McHale was seething on Off The Ball a little while ago about McStay and himself being overlooked for the Mayo job. He called the process to appoint Connelly and Holmes a sham and an unfortunate mess and said he won’t personally be involved with Mayo again. He said McStay is in bad form about it too. :smiley:

Aidan O Shea seemed slightly miffed by it on twitter the other night.

now that half of mayo is miffed about the manner of this appointment does it mean that we wont have to listen to Mayo being miffed about playing in Limerick anymore?

What’s the story here? Heard a bit of it on OTB there and they were saying that the 2 lads who got the job were told on Saturday they had the job but they only interviewed for it yesterday.

Connelly’s brother is on the Mayo County Board.

Liam McHale always struck me as outrageously big headed with nothing to show for it. A very ordinary footballer.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1021533, member: 24”]Connelly’s brother is on the Mayo County Board.

Liam McHale always struck me as outrageously big headed with nothing to show for it. A very ordinary footballer.[/QUOTE]

A thick, useless crybaby.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1021533, member: 24”]Connelly’s brother is on the Mayo County Board.

Liam McHale always struck me as outrageously big headed with nothing to show for it. A very ordinary footballer.[/QUOTE]

bit harsh on McHale farmer. I thought he was a very good player

Word on the street is that a major benefactor in the USA will pull his plug unless McStay is appointed.

His plug. Indeed.

Anthony Cunningham gets another three years with Galway :eek:
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/anthony-cunningham-to-get-three-more-years-with-galway-1.1943016
Not like Galway to place faith in a hurling manager. Has he a grand plan to unite the clubs or something?

Farmer you are seriously losing the plot here. McHale was a serious player.

McHale would probably thrive better today. He was big, athletic and fit. But in terms of actual football he had precious little. The amount of times I saw that guy attempt a score, sometimes from only a few yards out, and miss was criminal. In fact Mayo at that time had terrible problems scoring.

I also saw our own Mickey Quinn at 5 foot 10 and 37 years of age clean out McHale in midfield in Castlebar in 1997. He really wasn’t all that.

There are also stories of him getting young lads to carry his gear bag to training. A bit like @briantinnion when he goes golfing.