GAA Special Congress - Proposal B

Which will always be the way. Should be Senior , Internediate and Junior all irelands. Bite the bullet.

2 Likes

Works quite well in ladies football too. Meath winning intermediate and senior in successive seasons a great example of that. You often see clubs come up from junior and intermediate and acquit themselves really well in senior so the idea that not playing the top teams regularly is detrimental doesn’t necessarily apply to club GAA. Having said that I was against proposal B. I think the reverse the league and championship is an extremely lazy idea and lacking in imagination. The Tailteann cup would effectively end up as another Tommy Murphy cup.

1 Like

I am delighted just to see Ger Gilroy’s reaction.

Did Ger Gilroy ever play much GAA himself I wonder? Doesn’t strike me as a lad who played much past U14’s.

Vast majority of counties have no business playing for the Sam McGuire. Until that rubicon is crossed no proposed structure makes any sense. It was all daft really, lets all pretend that the league is now the championship. LOL!

100%, you are right.

Played minor for Kildare.

Close to a 50/50 split on the vote. Thought it would be closer

That doesn’t mean a whole pile, I played minor for KK.

By God. Informative. More successful than I expected. Football I presume?

Hurling or football is the question with Kilkenny😂

Long live the Ulster Football Championship.

No matter what structure you have Kerry or Dublin will invariably win the All Ireland most years with a Tyrone or Donegal maybe slipping in an odd year every decade or so.

Financing and quasi professionalism in a handful of counties a far bigger issue than Championship structures.

1 Like

He did to be fair . I am not gone on him but he has GAA roots

It was lucky Off The Ball produced those charts which showed Proposal B likely to pass. Reminds me of that opinion poll at the start of the 2020 General Election campaign which showed Fianna Fail streaking ahead on 32%. Shocked people into their senses.

I think that is it . The three counties that have competed with the Dublin behemoth over the last decade are largely rural counties that each have good sponsorship and have good diaspora funding

The first thing with football is that the game is mostly an eyesore these days . Too much hanspassing , defensive tactics & very little high fielding

As a sport it has never been better. Some of the matches we’ve seen over the last decade are the greatest ever played.

Now to get rid of the bastard mark and the handpassed point.

Football :relaxed:

1 Like

Mick Reynolds KNEW

:clap:

Brian McAvoy should be the next president of the GAA.

1 Like