Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

The anti split season brigade are the lioness here…

Where is that being argued or stated?

New fixtures were sold as improving club game for Adults.

1 Like

3 weeks soon to be 2 week of a shorter season according to John Fogarty of the Examiner. Dont see what the big deal is.

Take it up with the person who brought it up. I don’t know why Appendage brought it up, but he did.

This will rock the split season zealots on here to the core. You don’t get a more heavyweight endorsement on here than @anon67715551.

It’s the same bollix in Waterford incidentally. Eliminated from the hurling championship on 13 May. A full 11 weeks on from that before the club hurling championships kick off the last weekend in July. It’ll be late September before club footballers in Waterford see action.

@Appendage

You wouldn’t ever know there was gaa on this weekend .

The Football championship is impossible to follow nowadays unless you’ve no other hobbies or interests.

I’d say i saw half an hour of the Leinster hurling championship.

What’s this?

Finals will be going into August next year.

Some joke the whole thing.

Edging closer to the clubs playing championship without the county players.

That’s already going to happen in @ChairmanDan Carlow. There’s a Junior club hurler on the Carlow panel this year but to the best of my knowledge the Junior club hurling championship will commence this week without him given that Carlow will be playing Dublin in 2 weeks time. They could play 3 or 4 group games without their best player if he’s on the 26.

1 Like

What I find interesting about the average Split Season Zealot on TFK, is that they see themselves as some sort of ‘holier than thou’ Club GAA aficionado’s when nothing could really be further from the reality. All they really care about is their own personal circumstance and beyond that their interest/knowledge of the Club scene would be minimal at best.

When the biggest Club Hurling game of all time was taking place in the National Stadium last December the vast majority of Split Season Zealots on TFK were holed up in pubs around the country watching a Soccer match from 10,000 miles away.

3 Likes

Would the GAA not just go the whole hog and reduce the championships to a fast and furious blitz like the World Cup, or maybe the Rugby World Cup, with games every day?

They could have it in April with the latter stages going into early to mid May, and then that’s it for the year. And maybe one county could host the whole lot.

Actually, I’ve done it out here, the hurling championship could be like the 16 team Euros and one province could host the whole thing. Munster could host the inaugural championship.

How cool (shit) would this be?

Group A
Limerick
Waterford
Tipperary
Kerry

Group B
Kilkenny
Dublin
Kildare
Westmeath

Group C
Clare
Wexford
Antrim
Carlow

Group D
Galway
Cork
Offaly
Laois

Fixtures:
Saturday April 29
Limerick v Tipperary 5pm – Pairc Ui Chaoimh
Waterford v Kerry – 8pm - Kilmallock

Sunday April 30
Kilkenny v Kildare – 2pm – Nenagh
Dublin v Westmeath – 5pm – Mallow
Clare v Antrim – 8pm – Walsh Park

Monday May 1
Wexford v Carlow – 5pm – Tulla
Galway v Offaly – 8pm – Semple Stadium

Tuesday May 2
Cork v Laois – 5pm – Limerick
Limerick v Kerry – 8pm – Ennis

Wednesday May 3
Waterford v Tipperary – 5pm – Killarney
Kilkenny v Westmeath – 8pm – Pairc Ui Rinn

Thursday May 4
Dublin v Kildare – 5pm – Tralee
Clare v Carlow – 8pm – The Ragg

Friday May 5
Wexford v Antrim – 2pm – Askeaton
Galway v Laois – 5pm - Semple Stadium
Cork v Offaly – 8pm – Fraher Field

Saturday May 6
Limerick v Waterford – 8pm – Killarney
Tipperary v Kerry – 8pm – Kilkee

Sunday May 7
Kilkenny v Dublin – 8pm – Walsh Park
Kildare v Westmeath – 8pm – Cahersiveen

Monday May 8
Clare v Wexford – 8pm – Pairc Ui Chaoimh
Antrim v Carlow – 8pm – Tralee

Tuesday May 9
Galway v Cork – 8pm – Limerick
Offaly v Laois – 8pm – Clonmel

Wednesday May 10
Rest Day

Thursday May 11
Quarter-Final 1
A1 Limerick v B2 Dublin – 8pm – Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Friday May 12
Quarter-Final 2
B1 Kilkenny v A2 Tipperary – 8pm – Limerick

Saturday May 13
Quarter-Final 3
C1 Clare v D2 Galway – 8pm Semple Stadium

Sunday May 14
Quarter-Final 4
D1 Cork v C2 Wexford – 8pm – Killarney

Monday May 15
Rest Day

Tuesday May 16
Semi-Final 1
Winner QF 1 Limerick v Winner QF 3 Clare – 8pm – Limerick

Wednesday May 17
Semi-Final 2
Winner QF 2 Kilkenny v Winner QF 4 Cork – 8pm – Semple Stadium

Sunday May 21
Final
Clare v Cork – 8pm – Pairc Ui Chaoimh

1 Like

Group A is a dinger. Waterford will play the Ireland 2007 or England 2015 role and bomb out in the pool stages.

They are just completely out of touch with the youth of today.

It’s a tricky one but in my opinion it’ll harm the clubs in the future.

Croke park gave completely overestimated the lure of the inter county stuff too.

If you had the senior inter-county hurling out of the way by May 21st, and say the football out of the way by June 18th, you could then run off the county championships by the end of July, have the All-Ireland club finals by the second last weekend in August, and leave September free for the showpiece children’s championships.

Spillane just gets it.

1 Like

amalgamate counties

1 Like