Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

This very night. Three months and seventeen days after Tyrone exited the 2022 All-Ireland senior football championship.

What have they been doing in the 3 months and 17 days since Tyrone exited the All Ireland Football Championship? Running off the Tyrone Senior Hurling Championship?

Running off the remainder of the superbly competitive Tyrone All-County League which started in May and has been providing superbly competitive football for players all summer. The league is taken extremely seriously in Tyrone. Relegation to the intermediate championship is decided by league placing.

Think county players ended up being available for 12 of the 15 rounds this year. They play a minimum of 10 every year regardless.

Every league game is like championship.

That’s genuine commitment to the club game, all summer long, and into the autumn.

I wonder have Mayo ever thought that maybe their consistent failure to produce classy scoring forwards might be a function of having a seven game league programme that isn’t taken seriously.

There’s a reason junior doctors work the hours they do. You’ve got to hone your craft through constant practice.

1 Like

Dalos pod had a discussion about it tonight.

Brief Summary

Landers strongly in favour (basing everything off Cork champ)
Shane McGrath in favour but extend all Ireland final by 3 weeks.
Dalo is against.(underlying chip on shoulder due to the fact Clarcastle players went to US imo)
TJ just questioning everyone’s opinions, can’t remember if he nailed his colours to the mast.

Unanimous decision on scrapping U19s.

My own opinion, the opinion of a non-county player carries way more weight for me obviously. But all I see is county stars saying it’s a great system, sure of course it suits them. Give me the shite corner backs opinion in ballygobackwards over TJ Reid’s any day.

1 Like

Tj Reid isn’t happy with the system at all.

Raheny crap ?

You have extremely high standards so

1 Like

Just meant an inter county player in general couldn’t tell you what tjs opinion is

Five concerts in Corporate Park in September a much more economically attractive proposal than playing off pesky All Ireland finals. Any confirmation of the line up for September 2023 yet?

1 Like

Possibly over the top there to be fair but saw Raheny a few times last year and couldn’t see them troubling the big teams who admittedly are of an excellent standard.

What does Daly want? September finals? That won’t be happening.

To be fair, I’m seething with Raheny being dismissed like that. I’d be even more angry if I’d ever seen them play. That said, Brian Fenton skipping most of the club championship to travel around Europe in a camper van doesn’t reflect well on the club scene in Dublin. It’s akin to your U8 soccer days when you’d be raging your best player missed a top of the table clash because he was going to a Playzone for a 7th birthday party.

5 Likes

Why didn’t he go now when the season was over?

I don’t know, I’ve never spoken to him.

1 Like

Ask him next time you see him.

1 Like

I won’t make any promises.

Make sure you log the interaction in the appropriate thread. There are no sanctions for multiple spots of GGA Celebs in @Locke 's thread. It’s the feelgood story of the year.

2 Likes

99% of club players would also tell you its a great system

1 Like