Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I was grand but underage teams got some fucking around.

1 Like

Too many games is bad. If I had kids I wouldn’t let em do it.

Is it just the three county finals down for decision in this last weekend in September - Offaly in football and Wicklow and Derry in hurling?

When you had All Ireland Finals in September, most county finals were played off in the month of October. Same now under the split season, most county finals will played in the same month of October.

I read the Irish Times sports supplement today. Hardly a mention of GAA. You’d have loved it. Full of west Brit sport.

The big problem is cunts of managers. A young lad can play Saturday Wednesday Saturday no problem. But he can’t train then as well so club managers throw a strop

3 Likes

The Club manager learned to pull young lads from underage teams from the inter county manager pulling players from club games.

Don’t we have a poster on here who won an Ulster Club medal at a mere 15 years of age?

If lads cant play until 19 going forward, a lot will have very short careers as you’ll always lose a few once they leave college at 22/23.

It really is madness what the Association has become.

2 Likes

O’ Hanrahans relegated to Junior A last night. Would there be many examples of former provincial championship winning football clubs relegated to Junior? Surely a rare occurrence in a smaller county anyway I’d imagine. It’s probably happened in Kerry given the cut throat nature of their championships.

If you applied it to hurling then off the top of my head you’d have teams like Glenmore who I’d imagine won a Leinster senior at some point but have also languished in the Junior grade in Kilkenny.

The Blues never recovered from losing their Leinster crown to a crowd of pissed Arles Kilcruise lads in 03.

A nothing club

Did they not win it in 2000/01? Dunshaughlin or someone like that were reigning champions in 2003 I think.

Even worse so.

7 Likes

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/hurling-news/limerick-star-gearoid-hegarty-hails-28116193

1 Like

Thats an utterly bizarre defence of the split season.

Limerick were playing Club Football Championship games without County Hurlers a few months back. You’d swear no county player played for his club before.

The split season/play All Ireland Finals in July zealots stopping at nothing to defend the indefensible. Cc @GeoffreyBoycott @BruidheanChaorthainn @Cheasty

1 Like

He must be delighted it allows him play soccer instead of football with his club

And up goes the Bat signal :grinning:

1 Like

That’s the tin hat on it now. What a resounding success it has been

3 right cunts to go rattling up

The only ones cribbing seems to be hurlers on the ditch and fellas with podcasts to sell.

Anyone involved in any way seems delighted with it

9 Likes

Ton was interviewed by Joe.ie during the week. He said the split season is the best thing ever. He feels more involved in the club etc. He also said he was enjoying the junior football, bit of craic hadn’t been able to play for years.

1 Like