Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

The decks are being cleared now for Inter County teams to have 7 month window to prepare for next year’s Championship.

Already talks of one prominent county team back on the pitch over the weekend. Loads back in the gym already. .

Name and shame

Not that hard to guess

Wicklow?

Not the county i heard.

A farcical situation is developing in Tipp now with regard to whether an Under 21 Championship will be played or not in November/December because the County Senior/Under 20 managements want full access to their players for those couple of months.

More and more gaps appearing in the current split season model but Zealot’s have had their fun and that’s all that matters.

1 Like

Cork

Any county player worth his salt will be doing a bit all year round.

1 Like

But the split season has been sold on the shortened/defined season idea… i.e. intercounty January - July and Club August - December.

The reality on the ground is that the Club season for the majority is from Late July to early October and the rest is Inter county.

There should be no inter county training permitted pre-Christmas. The GAA officially permitting Inter County activity resuming on November 24th is madness.

All these Intercounty Under 17/Under 20 panels now are heading into the gym for the next 3 months instead of training/playing games with their club/school. Some schools are finding it hard to get their players to train because they have to be in the gym that night for the county. No wonder they are useless.

1 Like

Tipp?

January and February the busiest months of the year now for inter-county action. National Leagues played off in blitz fashion in the depths of winter. Sigerson and Fitzgibbon Cups as well. Summer sports that now have the heaviest concentration of games for elite players in mid winter.

Joe Soap goes to the gym 12 months of the year,I don’t see what the problem is here.

The Zealot’s are making it up as they go along and haven’t a notion where it all ends. They’re just plucking things out of the air and giving no consideration to the impact of their decisions down the line.

They were scrapping League Final’s last week before doing a big U-turn about 24 hours later.

We have a farcical situation now where Shinrone, Clough Ballacolla, St Mullins, Naas and Ferns are going to play a series of challenge games against each other for the next 6 weeks while they await to play each other again in the Leinster Club Hurling Championship.

Junior Infants would make a better stab at it.

1 Like

In some cases there, not having played a competitive match since early August and going in against Kilkenny champions in the Leinster Championship who will be razor sharp having played their county final on 16 October.

1 Like

Be as well do away with the Leinster Club

Was the Carlow football final played yesterday?

Has the average Gael in Carlow any activity to play/watch now for the rest of the year?

I have always felt the optimum date for a County Senior Final in a County is the closest Sunday to November 3rd with the County Under 21 Final on the Sunday closest to December 21st.

Keeps everyone happy for the winter especially in rural areas where things can get bleak enough.

2 Likes

Carlow :joy:

What rural clubs are going to pay for floodlights to keep lads training in the dark. Get games played while we still have a bit of light.

5 Likes

Clubs have always been able to adapt.

Last year there was barely a County Final played before November and everything was grand. In fact I’d go as far as to say the 2021/22 Club season was the best ever.

Lads moaning about lack of light are also in favour of no club championship in April, may, June or July :sweat_smile:

2 Likes