Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

You really couldn’t make it up.

You know the Zealot’s are in trouble when they resort to posting pictures of tea pots, the Carlow emoji (which might have been mildly funny 2 months ago) and quoting Inter County players to back up their argument, who’d rather play Division 5 soccer for Aisling Annacotty than play Championship with their club.

1 Like

:lithuania: :joy:

I saw a video of Hego playing soccer for Annacotty and scoring a thumping header from a corner recently but didn’t know the backstory. Did he sacrifice a St. Pats football match to do so or is he triple jobbing on the sports code at the minute?

Apparently Ferns, the Wexford senior hurling champions, used their 5 intermediate football group games that followed as a vehicle for another piss up. They were on the piss for 2 months, according to my unreliable sources.

By god that sounds like some Craic :pint: :pick:

2 Likes

That’s literally lowest of the low level of soccer

Pats were already guaranteed to be out of the hurling at that stage and were safe from any relegation

1 Like

County finals were always start to mid October pre covid.

Yes, the Carlow Football Final was on yesterday. I was in attendance. A blitz format over the last 7-8 weeks. That’s the GAA season done and dusted now for the year in the County. The hurling was wrapped up for the year the first weekend in August.

There’d be a decent enough junior soccer scene and two strong Junior rugby clubs in Carlow and Tullow to keep young fellows occupied until the GAA club season cranks up again in about 8-9 months time.

It’s October. Do you think club championships should start in October?

When does the Carlow team have to play Leinster club?

A 2 week window is ideal as it allows plenty of time for the champions to prepare but more importantly extends the championship into the late autumn.

Most county finals in 3 weeks which is ok, maybe a week or two earlier than my plan to bring whole season back 2/3 weeks.

Pal playing Balto or St Pats in 3 weeks time on RTÉ in the Leinster football. Ferns v St. Mullins is November 17th or some date like that. St. Mullins started a football team again last year. After winning Junior C and B in successive seasons now with a plethora of hurlers on board.

Club hurling shouldn’t be ending in the county on the first weekend in August. That’s what the split season has brought about though. Three months off then from hurling between county final and Leinster club championship. The situation is so grim for club hurlers, St Mullins are even playing Gaelic football.

That’s a Carlow county board decision surely.

1 Like

Friend of the Forum Mouse Kavanagh was playing left half back on the St Mullins football team at the weekend. He’ll be serious addition for their hurling showdown with Ferns next month.

no, cant be true. He’s in America because of the split season zealots.

2 Likes

They’d be near enough to eachother ?

Yeah only 15 minutes or so according to google maps. I wouldn’t have realised they were so close at all. Baltinglass would neighbour 2021 champions Rathvilly too.

Wexford champions playing Laois champions in the football. Dublin champs v Kildare champs should open up the other side of the draw in the province.

1 Like

Chance for Leitrim or Sligo champs to make a Connacht club final. When has that last happened?

90s I’d say

Unless they lose to London champs.