Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Its been well highlighted the clare people dont like to pass over the shannon. They wouldnt travel to cork, how do you expect them to go dublin. They dont even know that the east bank of lough derg is far nicer than the west.

But he was a “Scariff” hurling man

I see they’re only expecting a cumulative crowd of about 100,000 for the two hurling semi finals this weekend.

I think he had the figures arseways on that article. He said 40-45 on Sat and 60 on Sunday.

The GAA are expecting somewhere in the region of 100,000 supporters to pass through Croke Park’s turnstiles this weekend as the All-Ireland hurling semi-finals begin the final month of the inter-county season.

Croke Park sources say they are currently anticipating a crowd of more than 60,000 for Sunday’s clash between Kilkenny and Clare, with tomorrow’s meeting of All-Ireland champions Limerick and Galway set to bring 40,000-45,000 to GAA HQ.

Around the median for semi-finals since 2010 anyways and an improvement on last years identical pairing to boot.

Be a big shock if Clare v kk has more than Limerick v Galway surely

I would have thought so. Limerick and Galway both have bigger populations than the two counties on Sunday. There will be at least 50k there tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/SeanFlynn85/status/1677596583595069441?t=09Bnult2i3wXccA6Ish4hQ&s=19

It’s beginning to dawn on everyone what a complete disaster it is.

A total shambles.

1 Like

Fuck sake Sean

Its flopped spectacularly.

All problems the GAA has no control over

Fuck all to do with the split season so

1 Like

Ya senior clubs with 9 and 10 training. It becomes shit for the lads turning up. All the while the spoofer managers and coaches continue to get paid.

Leaving certs not picking up a Hurley because there’s no championship till august.

A pile of lads going away for the summer and it dawning on them playing club gaa isn’t worth it.

Then you might have lads in Dublin or cork or aren’t bothered about coming home at the weekend until the middle of July because there’s no championship.

Inter county players flogged to death.

It’s never been worse playing club gaa.

Of Course the guys whose wife’s tell them what to do are delighted with it.

https://twitter.com/sportdeise/status/1677609614647369728?s=46

Meanwhile we have the most boring 9 month inter
County season ever.

What absolute shite is he talking. My god

If clubs are missing players June and July but August is too late when do lads want club matches played? April again?

This has been by most enjoyable GAA season from a personal perspective and still plenty of games left to play between now and October.

It is a bit strange on the inter-county scene though that Marty Morrisey’s Renault car has garnered more attention than this weekends semi-final.

That’s some bullshit in fairness.

Starts off by saying it’s great for the players.

J1s have been a thing since forever.

I suppose because the GAA is so big there’s just more simpletons with a voice thanks to twitter.

2 Likes

He’s just getting his excuses in early before we bate them in the first round of Championship :grinning:

4 Likes