Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Cmon now, nobody was emigrating when we had two championship games in April and then waiting until October to finish them midweek.

3 Likes

They’ve managed to absolutely destroy the best thing about Ireland and being Irish because they were afraid to upset a few inter county managers.

Club players giving it up in their droves because of the shit season and nobody turning up at inter county games because they came up with possibly the worst format of any sport on the planet while trying pushing to the games into semi pro bore fests.

I haven’t felt this vindicated since the night it came out Gordon ellliott sat on the dead horse.

2 Likes

Jersey sales in China are increasing

2 Likes

The price of them is fucking mental nowadays, it’s more an O’Neills problem than a GAA one

8 Likes

Here come the excuses

1 Like

I was going to make the same comment. The price and new ones every year, like soccer went around 20 years ago. Saucy prices altogether.

I’m reliably informed Peter Keane has pulled out of the Tipp Football job. They are just ringing up random fellas looking for them to take the job.

Tipp going the same way as Waterford. Effectively ending Gaelic Football as a past time within two years of this ridiculous split season format.

Its some achievement from the top brass in fairness.

2 Likes

You must have some of the dumbest and pig ignorant cunts involved in Gaa administration.

The game of hurling is on life support. Everyone knows that.

So to try and help promote the games play the Leinster and Munster hurling championships on different weekends as opposed to what these idiots have done and put them all on the one weekend which probably impacts attendance as well as being impossible to follow for your average fan. You’d game on at half four on a Saturday and nobody even knowing it was on.

It would be such a simple and easy solution to make the hurling championship a little longer and make it easier to follow.

It would also give teams a two week break between games and allow players proper recovery times.

thelimericks are all waiting for the five in a row jersey

1 Like

Fuck O Neill’s. A lazy, incompetent arrogant shower of cunts. I’m in the process of trying to buy a set of jerseys off them and not for the first time the cunts are behaving like they are doing me a favour

6 Likes

I just stumbled on the Championship 2024 live draw on the radio there as I was driving home. What a sense of occasion they’re injecting into the Split Season Championship 2024. Championship draws on the radio at 3.15 on an October Saturday afternoon. Random.

5 Likes

According to O’Neills, ‘sales of replica county jerseys are down by 4 to 5 per cent this year, following a 20 per cent decline in 2022.’

It’s the beginning of the end guys

McKeever is where it’s at these days, anyways what kind of a loser wears a county jersey unless their a kid?

I wonder if they are including the various training jerseys in those figures.

I actually bought two Limerick jerseys this year.

The New Jersey every year stunt isn’t sustainable. Too expensive now.

:joy:

Kildare keen to play home league games in Croke Park next year

1 Like

You have to admire Glen Ryan’s neck.

1 Like

Big meeting in Tipperary last night regarding how this ridiculous split season has destroyed underage Club GAA, with not a ball of note pucked or kicked at Club U17/U19/U21 before July.

2 Likes