Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

It’s available the last 3 or 4 years for an extra 100 euro with your season ticket

2 Likes

Will that get you into any club game in the county?

I don’t think every county gives the option to bundle them together.

Every adult game, not sure it extends to juvenile.
It’s available in Tipp as an add on when buying the season ticket. My brother had it, so I don’t know the exact details.

I believe they had to do away with electronic club season tickets and replace them with a physical card as there were lads defying the laws of physics and attending 3 or 4 games at once🤣

Got one through Croke Park this year. €250 for club and county. The intercounty one as a stand-alone is €150 so another hundred quid for the club.

The club one, for us anyway, allows entry to ever adult club championship game in the county, hurling and football. Its absolutely savage value if you go to enough games.

3 Likes

That’s brilliant value

The 2 Johnnies won’t accept it though!!

The west board says NO!

Them finals were both on TV weren’t they?

Yeah definetely affects the crowd. Thurles have a very small support mind

1 Like

https://x.com/offtheball/status/1718704257732415679?s=46

Thurles, Na Pairsaigh, Nemo have about 100 supporters between them. Doesn’t help.

Doesn’t help your lot destroyed both the inter county and club season

The standard of club hurling has improved massively in my opinion. Ballyhale v Dicksboro, Doon v Na Pairsaigh and Killdangan v Thurles were 3 absolute crackers. Standard compared to 10 years ago is light years ahead. Would we have those games if top players were coming back to there clubs knackered in mid September? I doubt it.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of propaganda around it’ – Limerick’s Darragh O’Donovan thinks the split season is ‘hurting’ players

The Limerick club leagues been a complete joke doesn’t help.

The standard of club hurling in cork is absolutely woeful.

Totally agree mate but Cork do have a decent league structure.

Sounds like Darragh is really calling for an expansion of the BOICMC.

Speaking of which I was delighted to hear the BOICMC is now thriving at U21 Level too with Ballygunner playing Holycross Ballycahill on Monday just gone.

Time to stick a fork in it. These split season zealots have more or less killed off hurling as a pastime in vast areas of rural Ireland within two years.

Some bloody achievement.

1 Like