Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

More than was at some national league games this year.

Basically 2 groups of 3. kk wx and laois. Gal, offaly and dubs. Top team in each group make semi. Teams from tier 2, ie kildare, westmeath etc, join at 1/4 final stage.

2 Likes

Dublin Derry on at the same time as arsenal city. Itā€™s all just incredibly sad.

It Offaly make an u20 Leinster final this year or next, thereā€™ll be more than 6k at it

Disgrace playing Dublin and Derry same time as Ireland v Italy in Womenā€™s 6 nations.

2 Likes

Another one of these round robins where nobody gets knocked out :sleeping:

https://twitter.com/cahairokane1/status/1774462827517939773?s=46

Nearly a drop off 33 percent from last year.

1 Like

Bad day for the anti split season brigade. 2 cracking games. Unlucky lads.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t even realise the Football League Final was on today until I saw it on the sports section of the 6 oā€™clock news. A national final played off in the month of March and the Cup handed out after a draw on the back of a penalty shoot out lottery. Could they not have had a replay?

Yet you have split season zealots like @Perez2017 on here telling us all that this is great progress.

2 Likes

Surely you knew the NHL 3B final was on though. Some match enjoyed by the neutrals and interested parties alike.

Those still defending the split season would be better off in Limerickā€™s 5B.

What are you on about ? Itā€™s was an afterthought in most peopleā€™s minds . Sad to see the decline . Very little interest in the game . Just because it was a good game of ball doesnā€™t change that fact

No idea what was on today. I havenā€™t the time to get on top of this split season schedule the way the never ending cycle of meaningless games comes so thick and fast. Iā€™ll tune in a bit in July when it comes down to the only 3 or 4 meaningful games of the year in both codes.

1 Like

It was a great game hidden away unfortunately.

3 Likes

Just reading the report on it there now. It sounded like a cracker. No idea it was on.

Yes it was a great game.

Imagine the king of zealots Colm Parkinson wants to play the Ulster championship in January.

Thatā€™s the competition thatā€™ll save the football championship.

1 Like

33,000 was a terrible crowd for that today.

I honestly thought thereā€™d be 60k there with the counties involved.

You should find a sport you have some interest in so.

The usual suspects all bit. Bad day all round.

A paltry attendance indeed. I would have guessed around 43/44k would attend today.

Theyā€™ll blame the Bank Holiday.