Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Clubs are delighted with the split season mate

No they’re not.

All you had to do was put manners on the inter county the managers.

Put club first and itner county second.

You’d have incredible club championships and incredible inter county championships.

All counties would have some chance.

Instead the zealots destroyed the inter county game and turned the club championship into a glorified mini blitz ran off in a couple of weeks which the emphasis placed and stamina over skill.

I know we all have different priorities at different stages of life, develop new hobbies in some cases & become less interested in things we once held dear. But it’s not an organic thing with me & the GGA, it’s self sabotage of unprecedented levels on the organisation’s part and their policies have driven me away. As someone who used to follow Wexford footballers home & away in league & championship, it just occurred to me that I didn’t even see a clip of their championship win last weekend. And I won’t be following their game today. The GAA have absolutely ruined the thing that made Irish summers special. Driving to a July Saturday evening qualifier in a sun-drenched Cusack Park Mullingar & stopping in some shithole in the midlands on the way up to buy a Choc Ice. They’ve fucking ruined it with this split season nonsense, as @Arthur says. Nobody will be eating Choc Ices in O’Moore Park today.

7 Likes

From the high moral ground on your high stool.

We destroyed both for no reason only to placate the inter county managers.

An insufferably boring 9 month inter county season holding up the club championships.

The tail wagging the dog.

You’ve got absolutely nothing. Not once do you think anybody else only your own.

Always the same. Support the super rich and the screw the little man.

https://twitter.com/rtegaa/status/1779428565584326813?s=46

Another case of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

The little man stands no chance in this current season and format.

https://twitter.com/johnfogartyirl/status/1777587065346994620?s=46

1 Like

It would be great if Gaelic football fans went to watch their counties only home championship match of the season. Never mind even travelling away. That one factor would flip the whole thing on its head.
Just for comparison I looked up a random english championship match yesterday. Preston have nothing to play for and had 16k fans at their 20th home league match v Norwich.
Now you can say GAA fans are all about knock out etc but it’s one fucking match of the season. Bring the kids have a day out.
Ive come to the conclusion that whatever way you twist it outside a big bandwagon the vast majority of the country doesn’t care about inter county gaa.
9.7k views for that new paddy Andrews chat thing. Look at the views for any gaa video on YouTube.

https://twitter.com/indosport/status/1779083358695227700?s=46

Limericks answer to woodie guthrie we have here

I don’t get that that reference.

Didnt de duds and meath used to.sell.out?

Used you find it hard to get tickets?

https://twitter.com/boarsheaddublin/status/1779571489727000991?t=OlhxuEkl2f3f2_rjelcq_w&s=19

Hugh has spoken.

This has to be the end of this nonsense.

Thinking of his pocket.

1 Like

No fear of his pocket. Doing a roaring trade when I called in yesterday. Sound fella.

Although he wasn’t looking forward to catering for the rugby crowd when they have their game in Croke park in a few weeks.

1 Like

That time he was apoplectic with his clientele for preferring Ireland v France in Rugby Union Football from Paris over Jerome Johnson’s Hollywood goal from the ages for Kilcoo vs Kilmacud Crokes* was a true insight into the great man.

It was. About 20,000 at it yesterday. Hardly anybody cares or even knows Dublin v Meath is on anymore. A League of Ireland soccer man like yourself must find it very amusing how the GAA have self destructed with their split season championship, ceding the summer to League of Ireland and a few other sports, while the split season zealots lap up the line that their superiors have fed them that this is progress.

1 Like

Dublin v Meath has been a turkey shoot for well over 10 years.

1 Like