Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Thanks to the split season ethos which is tilt everything in the favour of the rich and powerful.

If a traditional football power house with a pick like Meath’s can’t get their house in order it’s their problem.

That’s an incredibly dangerous attitude unless you want rosenbourg situations.

Some scheduling to have 3x Leinster Hurling games on the exact same time as Limerick v Clare next Sunday. If you were trying to ensure the least number of people went to these games, that’s what you’d do.

5 Likes

The GAA have killed the GAA.
Championship games in April is a joke.
All Ireland finals in July is a joke.
Kids GAA games were on yesterday in both Dublin and Meath which stopped many families going in.

To try satisfy the whinging clubs they have actually ruined a perfectly good product. No one will be playing GAA in 10 years.

1 Like

Meath have been routinely hammered by Dublin for well over 10 years. Meath should take a look at themselves.

1 Like

They’ve been ruined by the likes of yourself pushing for professionalism.

Record numbers playing at underage level but yeah no one will be playing in 10 years.

This.

Colm Parkinson saying it’s a great weekend for gaa on tv.

This isn’t the premier league.

Wexford v Dublin is probably the only game of any significance in Leinster this year and no one will even know its on never mind be able to watch it.

Is it even on GoGo TV?

3 Likes

Cork v Kerry used to be iconic now nobody will go and nobody will watch because it’s on half four on Saturday.

Great to see Derry and Donegal in the traditional slot of half six on a Saturday.

It’s just crazy stuff.

1 Like

4pm on Saturday for Cork v Kerry.

There won’t be 10k at that.

I hear they are finding it hard to shift tickets for Waterford v Cork on Sunday too.

1 Like

Cork fans expected to outnumber Waterford fans next Sunday in Walsh Park. I was at the Waterford home league matches against Clare and Wexford and there was a very small home crowd both days.

I was talking to a veteran local sports journalist coming out of the Wexford match and he was saying that for the first time since the 1980’s, Waterford in the League of Ireland are getting bigger crowds than the Waterford hurlers. cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Oh my goodness gracious me. I have family commitments in Dublin this weekend & can’t make the Wexford game. Your post piqued my interest so I went off to check & I can unexclusively confirm this game is NOT on GoGoTV.

What an absolute shambles of an organisation. You could watch the U20 hurlers play in some round robin where nobody gets eliminated at the end of it on an app over the last few weeks. You could watch the U17 children’s provincial football championship on an app too. They develop their own app to showcase the senior championships, there’s what likely to be a pivotal game up first yet they decide not to bother showing it, or indeed a raft of the other senior games. What sort of clownshoe operation focus their effort on showcasing the games nobody’s interested in at the expense of the important ones?

The self sabotage of the GGA in recent years will be talked about for generations to come. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fintan completes his thesis on it.

4 Likes

Classic GAA

You’d despair thinking of Leinster football now though. The vast majority of neutrals who’ve followed football over the last 10-12 years have developed a strong dislike for Dublin. We’ve seen what football was like before they became utterly dominant. The only hope is the age profile of the current team and that there doesn’t appear to be as much coming up behind them.

When tiger got too dominant in golf they tiger proofed courses.

Every sport if it’s run right puts in certain parameters to try and create competition.

The gaa are creating a monster.

In other words i am under the thumb and my missus won’t leave me go to the match.

1 Like

the state of kildare and meath is shocking

the split season, competition structures are irrelevant

In medium to long term I hold out hope that they will come good

Kildare would come good with an inspirational ouutside Manager like McGuinness or Harte.

A pity Jack O’Connor’s heart wasn’t really in it, but Covid probably didn’t help that either.