Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

What’s this in?

Tailteann Cup. No Jordan Morrissey for Carlow plus another few withdrawals since their 23 point reversal against Wexford last month.

Tailtean Cup :joy:

They’ll hardly fulfill the fixture so?

What station is Cork v Limerick on? Just in the door and trying to find it on the box to watch the second half.

Thames TV

1 Like

You’d think after the Ulster Final getting decided on the lottery of a penalty shoot out last year. The split season crew would have made provisions for a replay. Not a bit of it.

There’s no championship football next weekend and the 5 weekends after that are given over to a 24 game round robin series to reduce 16 down to 12

Carlow footballers got as credible a draw as their hurlers this weekend so??

Twas fair going to fuck that one away but we are nothing if not thrilling

Average winning margin of 3 points in the 4 provincial finals played - how far back do we have to go since that last happened?

1 Like

2 cracking games and 2 ok games.

A bit of perspective please. The Carlow hurlers drew in the Leinster Senior Hurling Championship with Kilkenny. Kilkenny are the standard bearers in hurling, 36 All Ireland wins and 75 Leinster Championship wins.

The Carlow footballers drew with Laois in some repechage competition for the weakest inter county teams, a competition that hardly anybody has any interest in or cares about.

1 Like

Sorry pal, hadn’t seen you pull up this stat when I posted it elsewhere.

Some fuckers are simply never happy sadly.

The president of the GAA talking sense in terms of this split season nonsense on Claire Byrne atm.

1 Like

Every county team seems to be heading off for “warm weather” training this week.

1 Like

President Burns impressive on the Claire Byrne show on radio

3 Likes

I wouldn’t agree with him but he was very impressive there, he’s an exceptional speaker.

Very candid and clear. I’m against big games like Cork v Limerick being on GAAGO but he made his argument forcefully there.

Also kudos to him for having a cut off Sean Cavanagh and the political classes too.

What’s being said?

Babs thinks hurling should break away from the GAA altogether.

I’m with Babs

3 Likes

I’d love to see this happen.