Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Completely agree. Donā€™t agree with Saturday nights game being on a platform like GAA GO. The auld fella ā€˜didnā€™t want to be bothering meā€™ asking me how he can log into it again. So he missed out.

But Jarlath got his rationale across and heā€™s entitled to his opinion. He was dead right re politicians having a cut at the organisation. Fuck those chancers.

3 Likes

Such wonderful provincial club championships and colm Parkinson wants them removed for more round robin action.

Youā€™d wonder are all the media just coining it in with these new formats.

Injuries dictating a lot of the hurling games as well which is an awful pity.

If they just put it on the Sky box channel 442 subscriptions would increase 10 fold.

Its hilarious how off track the narrative has been around pay-per-view.

3 Likes

How can you have it on the sky box and pay per view without adding another third party to the mix though?

I assume thereā€™s a cost in getting any channel onto the Sky Box but so be it. Exponentially increasing subscribers should offset it.

How can Oireachtas TV be on the Skybox and GoGo cant?

It is a free ti air channel - you canā€™t add gaago and then charge per match unless you are going to give sky a cut for every ppv ordered.

Unless you are on about making gaago free to air - which would not make it viable commercially

Give Sky a cut of every game ordered so.

You could just say itā€™s an option through sky if you want it there, itā€™s our cost plus Skyā€™s cost.
GAAGO is still available if you prefer.

Itā€™s just to give people options really.

Plenty of existing examples like Racing TV, Premier Sports etc. that can be added to a Sky or Virgin package.

1 Like

Surprising Premier Sports have never bid on GAA games.

I remember when they first came out in 2013 they had that drawn Wexford vs Clare match which went to extra time. It was extremely random, because it was the only game they had that summer. Surely theyā€™d put in a bidā€¦ Rte have the monopoly on it I suppose thoughā€¦

1 Like

Sky ditched the gga cause nobody was watching it

Yeah but Paddy wants to watch what he canā€™t watch.

1 Like

The GAA have missed out on an incredible amount of money and media exposure through the absence of replays since 2018. Thatā€™s money that would have gone back into the grass roots denied by a few zealots in the grass roots.

The Ulster Council alone has missed out on three Ulster final replays in the last three seasons.

Martin breheny labelled them windfalls

To the GAA Cliches thread please.

https://twitter.com/johnfogartyirl/status/1790726084327006709?s=46

Have we one decent gaa journalist or are they all just coining it in on the split season?

1 Like

Thereā€™ll be no row. The electionā€™s will have taken place.

good job we have GAAGO then? half the matches wouldnt be available to see were it not for GAAGO.

This weekend is fairly crowded with fixtures , not a hope could RTE cover them all

GAAGO is giving great options