Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

You’d have ticket issues again. Railway cup is the best solution. Just assume Galway won’t make an All Ireland for a few years which is probably a fair assumption, and drive on with whatever players are available

Or just return the minor to under 18 and play it before the all Ireland hurling final.

4 Likes

The fucking Railway Cup. It spent 30 years slowly dying before we were all finally put out of our misery
Now lads want to bring it back so it can start dying all over again.

4 Likes

Leave the minor out of it. Leave individual counties out of it. They swallow up tickets. That day is gone. Leave the tickets for the competing counties as it should be, especially with the growing emphasis on corporate.

Give the Railway Cup a whirl, a noble competition in the eyes of all Gaels.

Cork V Tipp a sell out. I thought no one went to matches anymore with split season?

2 Likes

Limerick v Waherford pretty much sold out too,only terrace left.Damn split season

A golden era for hurling and interest among the public.

Pity football is the non competitive shitshow it is in comparison.

3 Likes

Play the over 40s final before it. Nostalgia sells

This actually a great idea now that I think about it, I’m going to tweak it a little, the over 40s or 35s teams of the two finalists.

Imagine Limerick v Clare. Carey, Shaughs, Mark Foley, Quaid, Sparrow, Seanie Mac, Davy etc etc Daly v Teege. Place would be full for it.

2 Likes

Nope, they’ll want tickets and to be honest, no one really gives a shit about Masters only the lads in it, who are invariably weirdos. I heard of a prominent multiple All Star who knocked the Masters on the head after one year. No enjoyment in it. All you had were weirdos who never wore an intercounty jersey before looking to make their name with their mates having burst him open with a hit. He said fuck that for a game of soldiers.

1 Like

Sounds like someone was never asked to play.

Ah he was asked alright.

A perfect description of the final 30 years of the railway cup.

Which makes it perfect for the warm up to an All Ireland Final.

And thank you.

You’re contradicting yourself there but sure carry on.

Not at all. No one wants to watch 40 year nobodies and once weres. Marginally more would be interested in an exhibition of the best in the game who were available and not in the final.

I dont want to have to ladybird everything for you old friend but I wont give up on you just yet. Enjoy your weekend though.

May as well make it the jubilee team and losers though keeping them out of the bar beforehand could be an issue.

Would only add to the entertainment. 25 years on might be a bit heart attacky.

Maurice Fitz, Gooch, the O’Ses Vs Wheelie Bin, Sherlock and the Brogans. Who wouldn’t want to watch that

Not one of those playing Masters aside from Berno if I’m not mistaken. And there’s a reason for that