Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Masters is for the lads who are running marathons and can wear lycra.

2 Likes

Its gone like Gaelic football itself, less for artists, more for lycrists.

They’ll play when I bring em to Croker

Talking to the father of a county underage player during the week there. His young fellow is doing the Leaving Cert. He was talking about how intrusive the split season scheduling is on youngsters sitting life defining exams when all the heavy lifting is in March, April and early May. He was saying the young lad is really struggling now to refocus on the books now that the inter-county campaign is over.

1 Like

Fake news. The minor and u20 now starts a week or 2 weeks earlier than it did pre-split season.

4 Likes

Nasty to be weaponising a made up young fella

3 Likes

There was never any games after the may bank holiday and it was only one game pre exams.

I can only speak for leinster but pre split season the u20 and minor were started early may and ran from then pretty much weekly. The break for leaving cert was done away with at the same time minor moved to u17 which was 2017. 4 full years before split season.

1 Like

21s might have ran a little during the leaving cert but it made little odds as a player you were unlikely to be involved unless you were a superstar and you’d have a few years at least.

This set up is just odd for all its not too many impacted.

It’s a bigger disaster for rural clubs where lads mightn’t train at all until post the leaving cert with the new season and they just don’t end up coming back.

This is a lie.

Wexford often played 2 games in May in 90s.

1 Like

It’s always been thus.

1 Like

A lot of rugby to be played but looking at the very embarrassing situation for the gaa where Puc or croke park is likely sold again with rugby fans.

1 Like

I think that’s a positive thing overall.

Fill the stadia. Live and let live.

Should we go back to the ban?

1 Like

And womens football

I wish I had been a county minor so I could blame not getting the points for medicine on being a county minor.

1 Like

The most glorious thing ever

1 Like

https://twitter.com/conormckenna98/status/1791744036413260227?s=46

The joke season laid out.

1 Like

https://x.com/d_mc_cullough/status/1791898450629468341

Only 7.5k in Salthill. Very poor attendance in Killarney too. GAA have big probs with this format

If you wanted to destroy the gaa you wouldn’t come up with format because you’d be worried it would be too obvious.

Only 2k in Ennis for Cork v Clare.

1 Like