Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

The players aren’t even interested which is the biggest tell of this shocking format.

1 Like

Crowds falling off a cliff should be a huge eye opener to what can happen in hurling too.

The 2017 format was miles better. And the scheduling was miles better. The outcome of it as a product was miles better.

Kerry v Monaghan was lost in Killarney today. Should have been in Tralee.

So too Galway v Derry in Salthill. Tuam would have been a more appropriate venue.

1 Like

They wouldn’t attract much of a crowd for that game in the current structure anyway. Mayo v Cavan played in front of a sparse crowd today but if that was a 4th round qualifier in 2016 there’d have been a real buzz to proceedings. I’m a big football fan but the round robin is leading to declining interest among neutrals. You don’t want teams to be holding back or second guessing how serious they’re taking it in championship.

The people being OTB who weren’t in touch with your knowledgable Gaelic Football supporter. People were absolutely sick shit of Dublin’s dominance in truth.

Correct so they created a season for Dublin to be even more dominant and exercise all their advantages.

I genuinely think it’s a good format hopefully it’s given time to bed in. Very few people in I’d guess 25 of the 32 counties care much about inter county football any more though so crowds won’t be huge.

Longford minor’s taking the Dubs to extra time

OTB are in touch with fuck all other than soundbites

Kerry support is pathetic I regret yo having to admit no matter what the format is

last home match for kerry for best part of 8 months and fuck all show up

austin stack park will do fine for further no jeopardy, impossible not to qualify out of the group round robin type matches

Cork flying in the hurling is the ultimate nightmare for anti split season brigade. Round robin games sold out, All Ireland quarter final on a Saturday afternoon sold out, All Ireland semi final sold out, not a ticket to be seen for All Ireland final. This in turn leads to increased crowds for Cork club championship games which are already very well supported.

1 Like

Who are ye playing in the final?

2 Likes

This will be a hall of fame post if Limerick and Waterford draw on Sunday.

1 Like

football comes into the split season debate too, the cork footballers wouldnt sell out Mallow for a round robin match

They wont mate. Limerick will win handy.

True but football second fiddle in a big way in Cork.

The alright jacks don’t get care about anybody else.

Truth be told bar the Limerick v cork game the standard hasn’t been good. Exciting but not enthralling.

Cork attracting crowds to matches has nothing to do with the split season, it’s in spite of it. If these games were in June and July the crowds would be even bigger.

Cork have always attracted large crowds when Cork supporters get a sniff of success.

6 Likes

I don’t know why the Kerry County Board don’t make a serious play for Fitzgerald Stadium to get the odd Munster hurling final, given that it seems the days of Cork footballers packing out the place once every two years seem gone and no other games on offer now seem capable of going near filling it.

As a venue it’s facing a crisis of relevance.