Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Was thinking the same myself today, third year in a row with the same teams is my own thinking, familiarity breeds contempt.

Also itā€™s hard to get too excited about this hybrid of rubby/handball that we now accept is ā€œmodern hurling.ā€

2 Likes

Third final in a row with the same teams definitely doesnā€™t help.

Highest attended Munster Championship of all time?

Two boring teams.

ā‚¬35 per game. Now itā€™s ā‚¬100 per game.

Yeah but tbf the ā‚¬100 will also include jersey guns and fan pelanty shootouts.

Sadly it doesnā€™t include the fees for counselling needed after hearing The Black Eyed Peas ringing out around the stadium.

I gotta feelinā€™ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a happy song for the Gah hierarchy because a Gaelic football goal eliminated Ireland from the World Cup.

Farcical post. If they were wrong to divide up the price like that per game then itā€™s obviously ridiculous to use their own weird logic against them. Did they actually use that argument before though?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The agenda from Pat Spillane etc is that the split season is costing the GAA promotion to Rugby in particular. Funny how Munster in a quarter final could barely sell out half their ground and the Munster hurling final is a sell out tomorrow. Riddle me that.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/sheikhbarabas/status/1799349060618567902?t=CDL6TwTGSPOzIHeHexWeRw&s=19

1 Like

Leinster are the only team to fill croke park these season.

2 Likes

Yet we destroyed the whole season to suit the inter county managers

It really is remarkable.

And has never been really challenged.

Less preparation by senior teams would mean more entertaining games.

The GAA seems to be a bit backwards in its thinking.

2 Likes

Itā€™s like the gaa desperately want to create a Man City type situation.

I was reading there John Donnelly postponing an operation until the inter county season is finished.

Itā€™s absolutely criminal the whole thing.

Wouldnā€™t mind that. He has 10 seasons and heā€™s an adult.

1 Like

100%,might even be a few shocks thrown in

How can a professional team in Munster not go close to selling out there ground for a quarter final? You are avoiding the question.