Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Sure according to you nobody turning up at games is a great sign.

Tis easy riddle it if you engaged the brain

Everyone pushing for the
Club season to be moved to September now.

The inter county season is already 9 months long ffs.

That’s not true and it’s a tiring wum at this stage.

Rte today

Who exactly was calling for this?

Daly and I’m not sure who the other fellas were.

It was a strange segment tbh but basically Daly was saying clubs are getting cleaned off lads during the summer and it would more sense to start in September.

Daly is over his own club this year as far as I’m aware.

Daly’s a fuckin clown.

1 Like

Well he’s correct.

Clubs are getting decimated over the summer.

Of course a lot of people had the foresight to see what would happen.

It started with the club month in April and then they brought in the round robin to scupper that.

Then there was the split season which meant to no club championships until August which was bizarrely spun as a positive for the clubs.

Nobody turning up at inter county games, players crocked and general disinterest due to horrendous formats and too many games on at the same time will mean the all Irelands will move into August.

The takeover will be complete then.

If young lads want to go travelling good luck to them.Are we blaming the split season for that now too.

Not so easy when it means some clubs can’t field a team.

What clubs aren’t fielding teams?

I don’t know what he’s basing that on, because Clarecastle won’t be missing too many of what is a squad mainly based on lads in that prime American years bracket by the time the inter championship comes around.

His own media commitments should also be taken into account

You were nominating him for COTY a few hours ago as well :thinking:

1 Like

Because he’s pushing for the club season to be moved into September.

If I’m not mistaken he was down a few last year due to J1s.

Clarecastle were circling the drain at senior for most of the last 7/8 years realistically. They’ll still be hoping Bobby Duggan arrives back to play some part this year

As I’ve said before.

Jan to march league / sigerson rubbish.

Paddy’s to week before may bank holiday for clubs. Inter county June to late August and back to clubs then.

Leinster / Munster hurling on alternative weekends.

Any inter county manager pulling players or organising training during club windows gets a ban for five years.

You mentioned media. Same as Perez with Pat Spillane.

There’s way more games so I don’t see how the likes of Daly isn’t making far more money now than before.

Paddys to May for club? Pitches were so wet in this period this year most clubs could barely train.

1 Like

We just had the warmest may on record.

I think it gives you ample time for two championship games pre a summer break.

All teams would still have something to play for the second half and gives players a chance to travel without missing games, weddings and holidays etc.

You can still have summer leagues or whatever you want to call them but the inter county players would be cup tied.

Way more IC games? That stops lads in that bracket fron taking lucrative club gigs on the side