Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Is it not dying on its arse as well compared to the club game?

I thought human rights aside the 2022 World Cup was the most enjoyable ever. Compare the final to any of the last five champions league finals
and it’s not even close.

I find it much easier to watch than the rosenbourg situations we have all over Europe.

Will be a few cracking games this summer as well.

2 Likes

2 awful results for the anti split season brigade in the Rugby yesterday. All set up for a Munster v Leinster final which would take the attention of the 2 hurling quarter finals apparently. Now we have Bulls v Glasgow​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is one of the hurling quarter finals currently fixed for 1.15pm next Saturday so RTÉ can clear the decks to show a club rubby match between South African & Scottish sides? Fucking hell. :joy:

3 Likes

Yep and this is considered a victory for the split season zealots.

Nobody at the game and nobody knowing the game is actually on.

I would say the reverse.

https://twitter.com/radiokerry/status/1802309097284382794?s=46

I see they are trying to flip the Tinpot Cup matches with the Hurling Quarter Finals next week.

These split season zealots are just making it up as they go along.

The Wexford quarter final against Clare is on at some ungodly hour like 1 o’clock next Saturday. I know you don’t follow kids GAA matters all that closely but Wexford and Waterford are hosting the Feile hurling next weekend, which is effectively a nationwide club U15 club competition. Clubs throughout Wexford will be involved in hosting it with obviously a heavy onus on club members in Wexford to run the show.

The split season zealots have only gone and scheduled the Wexford v Clare quarter final for a lunchtime throw in next Saturday when the Feile will be on in Wexford. The cat seems to have caught the tongue of split season propagandist @Perez2017 on this masterpiece of split season secheduling.

Nobody at the game? Cork will sell 30,000 tickets.

I was at the Feile Na Gaeil last year. Was at a club match yesterday, just back from a club match today. Quarter finals are played Saturday, you will give out about the time. Games are switched to Sunday and you will give out why are they switching the Tailtean cup games.

@BruidheanChaorthainn certainly has a point about the ruination of the inter-county scene. This now regular occurrence of South African rugby teams causing upheaval to the All-Ireland hurling quarter-finals is startling. The formats certainly don’t help but the change in calendar has clearly had an adverse effect. The Féile/hurling quarter-final clash is preposterous and hugely demeaning to Wexford hurling.

I’d contend the player numbers plummeting at club level though. I know in my own club that numbers are rising at underage. Everyone plays now where in the past that certainly wasn’t the case. With the likes of G4MO and multiple other LGFA teams on the go it’s actually very busy and sometimes difficult to even find space for the clubs flagship teams on the pitches. That may not be the case across the country though and is hugely reliant on knowledgeable and passionate volunteers.

3 Likes

They’ve asked the Wexford GAA clubs to be co-hosts of the Feile this year and they’ve only gone and scheduled a Wexford All Ireland Senior Hurling Quarter Final for a lunchtime on the very Saturday they are holding the Feile which effectively means that rank and file GAA members in Wexford won’t be able to travel to Thurles to support the Wexford county team.

1 Like

The Kilmacud Sevens which was once an integral part of All Ireland Weekend, was run off yesterday in front of two men and a dog.

Nobody knows, nobody cares etc

What these split season zealots have done will never be forgotten.

5 Likes

It’s a much more equitable form of association football. Although JD and Johnny Ward were whinging about it yesterday on Newstalk saying there’s too many lopsided games. This from the tournament which has given us Denmark 1992, Greece 2004 and Wales 2016. Even a shambolic Irish team trained by a clueless simpleton should’ve drawn with France in Dublin and Portugal in Faro.

1 Like

That’s what happens when you have a fair chance. In a one off game you always have a chance but when it becomes best of three you’ve got no chance.

Look at tipp in 2020. Cavan in 2020 also. You have hope. You have momentum.

Used to be incredibly coveted to get into it. Got invited when you won your championship and kept the slot until you didn’t compete.

https://twitter.com/tomasoruanaidh/status/1802079737780863232?s=46

Listen to last minute of the interview. It’s all coming the semi pro ethos/split season.

S and C will dictate the results if we aren’t careful. Same thing happened in rugby and it became unwatchable a lot of the time.

We are going down a very slippery slop. Hurling should always be a game of skill. That’s what make it’s really special.

The main lad complaining here big gripe is that he’s annual piss up at the Dublin Horse Show doesn’t run into an all Ireland semi final anymore.

And I wonder what will happen when some poor lad can’t play his hobby or past time anymore because he can’t Bench press enough or do enough squats. I wonder what he’ll turn to next.