Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Probably afraid it would draw the listeners away from some South African egg chasing match if it was too riveting

1 Like

I’ve never heard the phrase “fixtures in a jock” before but I get the jist of what he means I think.

https://twitter.com/NedzerB13/status/1804486832727400897

It’s amusing how Derry over the first 8 weeks of the competition set history in becoming the first team in the 137 year history of the Championship to lose their first 3 games, yet still find themselves in the position of not eliminated and having to negotiate 5 games in 6 weeks to win the All Ireland. 2 down, 3 to go.

2 Likes

In 1893 Cork won the All-Ireland hurling championship after successfully objecting to four successive defeats. Frank Murphy’s great grandfather Frank Murphy Senior Premier was Cork County Board Chairman at the time and was a notorious rules fiend. Tipperary had their Munster final victory overturned after it was learned that corner forward Pa Dwyer hadn’t attended mass that morning.

It’s only a month ago that we had Dublin v Galway, Limerick v Waterford, Kilkenny v Wexford & Tipp v Clare squashed into the same Sunday, while today there’s nothing of note on. Terry Dixon Cup games given top billing by the GGA this weekend. It’s absolutely insane what’s going on.

1 Like

That’s an incredibly shit crowd for a knock out match. You’d nearly expect that for an actual league match. Maybe more round robin is the way to go.

Any crowd predictions for this very attractive Tall Chin Cup double header in Croke Park?

Agreed. If El Presidente Burns can square the circle on this he’ll have done the GAA some service. There isn’t even a two o’clock kick off in the euros to compete with. There should be at least two marquee games on today.

Joe Molloy on Newstalk completely poo-pooing the clash between Wexford playing an All-Ireland hurling quarter-final and the Féile. He’s fucking ridiculing people who see this as a problem. In the most sneering, condescending, intolerant, Tubridy-esque manner often falsely ascribed onto INTERNET truth warriors like @Cheasty.

Now I’m a sneering, condescending, out of touch, good for nothing, intolerant couch potato virtue signaller who does nothing but post on the INTERNET and even I can see that this is a clash that i) should not happen ii) is extremely avoidable and iii) matters greatly to people and puts them out a lot , and they are entitled to be pissed off with it.

Hopefully it will give you pause for thought when you are in the other camp on a similar issue that you might be wrong.

In the near words of Michael Jordan, I always consider that I might be wrong, and that is why I am right again and again and again.

https://twitter.com/mossboxx/status/1804608613081813493?s=46

The most
Mayo thing ever

https://twitter.com/cahairokane1/status/1805161981780881734?s=46

They’ve absolutely destroyed our championships.

In today’s society a week isn’t enough for people to plan these sort of events.

It’s a day-trip to Dublin, not a climb up Mount Everest

5 Likes

Oooh…somebody is making a play to be the GAA’s “Let Them Eat Cake” paid social media attack dog.

It’s vicious stuff alright

Lads used to head off to Dublin on high nellys.

1 Like

Oooh…active travel.

Ye Olde rural dweller was woke.

Doesn’t matter.

People have made plans.

Munster played Ulster in a league 20k at it.

7 days later they played a q/f and only 17k showed up.

We’ve absolutely destroyed our championships for no apparent reason.