Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I heard that yesterday. As a FĂ©ile alumni I was apoplectic. 14 year olds actually like going to hurling matches Joe? I couldn’t believe what I was listening to. The complete lack of awareness of how many volunteers would be involved in FĂ©ile. I’m glad I’ve never given a cent to the OTB crew.

The “well my son had training at 3” line was sickening as well.

1 Like

Stark example. Completely irrelevant but sure

Nope it’s quite clear for the last few years for the unscheduled games are way down in attendance.

The semi finals in hurling and quarterfinals the attendance are falling away.

Same in football now.

People make plans much earlier. It isn’t fair to arrange all Ireland q/fs on 6 days notice.

I’d say the 14 year olds in question had a great aul time at FĂ©ile and I doubt they’ll be put off hurling by not seeing Wexford taken apart by Clare. In fact, not seeing it, may actually keep them in the game a bit longer.

Nonsense

Yeah because the current generation of Limerick hurler grew up watching their senior team winning all the time.

Nope it’s correct.

14 thousand at Munster quarter final mate.

You told us cork would fill thurles on their own Saturday

Whats that got to do with it?

It’s been noticeable how the supporters of the tiered round robin paywalled split season clusterfuck are increasingly resorting to sneering at people like that one snidey gobshite of a national school teacher everybody had at some stage for not being on board with their brave new joyless, utilitarian world.

“Life isn’t fair, sonny. Life is shit. My job is to drill that into you. My job is to make your life joyless. It will help you in the long run. You will thank me.”

Clash between Wexford and Clare and the FĂ©ile? “Oooh, my heart bleeds for you, cry me a river, first world problems, we all have to make choices, LAUGHS”

Donegal at 6pm on a Saturday evening in Dublin? “It’s not climbing Mount Everest.”

High ticket prices? “You don’t have to go, the GAA can’t make you go, and if you don’t want to go somebody else will”

Paywalls? “It’s not the GAA’s job to provide you with free content”

Crap scheduling? “You just want your beer on a summer Saturday evening”

No cash payments? “It’s not 1957 any more”

Clubs losing players to holidays/junkets/J1s? “Who cares?”

Paltry crowds? “Nobody ever cared anyway”

1 Like

You’ve been caught out lying stating 18 thousand at Munster game and only 14 thousand there.

Ah he’d hardly tell a lie?

In correct. The pre fixed game had more than the q/f which logically should attract a bigger attendance.

It’s the same in the gaa.

Giving counties 6 days to arrange going to a game isn’t enough.

Its actually only 5 days.

I wonder will Sunday’s Quarter Finals now need to be played really early - i.e. 12.45pm and 3pm to avoid a clash with England’s big knockout game in the Euros kicking off at 5?

1 Like

No regard for the working man or the grass roots members of the organisation.

The shit season strikes again.

What a day of sport that would be :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

DO IT FERG!

You said there was 18 thousand there, incorrect.

You’ve completely missed the point. There was more at the regular season game. The following week a bigger game was on and less turned up.

It’s the same in the gaa.

Its idiotic and only a fool can defend it.

https://twitter.com/cahairokane1/status/1805211136716894704?s=46

The best games on gaa go again :smiley::smiley::smiley: