Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I ended up watching the toddlers hurling final yesterday. Purely by accident. I actually didn’t even know it was on. I got home just after 5.30, was flicking around trying to find Galway v Dublin, which I didn’t realise was hidden behind the paywall and stumbled on it.

1 Like

Still a lot of the day to go here yet

7000 posts and counting

Another disaster now is the major football tournaments are going to totally over shadow major gaa weekends.

You obviously dont remember Italia 90. 8,000 at a Leinster hurling semi final between Offaly and Kilkenny. 2002 Ulster football final. 2000 people in ground for throw in.

That’s when Ireland were in a tournament. A different issue.

How is that a different issue? That makes no sense.

Because Ireland aren’t in this tournament and it’s still overshadowing our biggest games.

Mate, you want to bring championship’s back to September. Another 6 weeks of watching crap like Kerry v Derry? No thanks.

Sure you’ve given them a nine month season

Relentless

1 Like

Is cork limerick semi final sold out lads? No tickets on Ticketmaster?

No. Tickets are distributed through the clubs.

They are in their englands last 8 opponents

What?

Its one thing having Provincial Semi Finals overshadowed by Euros and World Cups but having the really big games in Croke Park play second fiddle to them is just not right.

Those attendances this weekend and last week will be the catalyst for reform.

Next Saturdays Hurling Semi Final could be dire too.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a semi final not on general sale. Is it going to be a sell out? Even at peak Dublin footballers you’d buy semi final tickets the week before

You mustn’t have seen many semi finals so.

I’d assume all tickets returned from the clubs will go on general sale.

When was the last hurling semi final sell out? Split season looks like it’s been a roaring success

What are you on about