Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

You’d swear lads like Cyril Farrell, Nicky English, Pat Spillane, Babs Keating etc didn’t know what they were talking about :grinning:

Pat and Babs are about as reliable as an ashtray on a motorbike.

2 Likes

The amusing stuff is a certain cork based poster was
Saying the media are out of pocket.

I’d love to see a figure of what money is being paid into the arse pocket of coaches and managers on a weekly basis around the country.

It’s one big joke the whole thing.

I could have dreamt this up but I have a feeling the All-Ireland club finals used to be played on March 17th every year.

Can somebody please confirm?

5 Likes

You never set foot inside a club ground from January to June let alone the rest of the year so two highlight games in Croker would hardly make a difference

1 Like

Why do you always have to come across as such an angry, miserable bore?

Us guardians of the GAA have been proven thoroughly correct. We have correctly skewered the split season zealots like you who are only out to destroy the GAA.

As long as your “knowledgeable” rants are kept on here with the other eejits the rest of us that actually contribute a bit will do just the finest

3 Likes

Nicky annoyed his free junkets ending 6 weeks early.

1 Like

Some good ideas but see the 3 up rule as effectively unworkable.

No mention of how to apply so many rules to a club league game.

Jim Jim Jim Jim

More context here.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2024/0910/1469373-overtime-showdowns-among-ambitious-frc-proposals/

Ah at least come up with something original. You’d swear these pundits were on 10k a week all the references to them missing their paypacket due to the split season.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1833754869577973876

The ZEALOTS have gone National.

2 Likes

When Breheny is on your side you know your fucked.

1 Like

Some excellent ideas there I think. For a solo and go they’d have to limit it when a team is near the opposition’s goal.

Brehony, Babs, Cyril, Spillane, English and Curtis are old money. They get it.

The Split Season Zealots are backing fellas like Derrick Lynch and David Connors formerly of the Tuam Herald.

I’m happy with whose side I’m on.

2 Likes

You forgot current players…

Martin Breheny has found his calling late in his career.

I’m only sorry the great footballing and general GAA superbrain Eugene McGee - Gaelic football’s equivalent of Eamon Cregan - isn’t still around to be on OUR SIDE.

These all sound fairly good :hushed:. The keeping 3 up thing being tried where there are more officials first sounds a good idea

1 Like