Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

It must.

No sign of Cooper or Murchan on duty for Na Fianna against Crokes. They beat a Mannionless Crokes by two without them.

It really is a ridiculous notion, the All Ireland Hurling Championship concluded before the Champion Golfer of the Year is crowned. Eldrick Woods might even be in attendance at Croke Park on Sunday if he can source a ticket on ticketmaster, or elsewhere.

Was he not fucked with injuries in his mid 20s?

Murchan went off injured v Kerry. Id say jonny was still hooked up to the oxygen

To be fair to him the broken leg was a freakish injury which can be difficult to recover from.

1 Like

I forgot about that. He was a smashing player

1 Like

Well he had a catastrophic leg break against Tyrone which you’d suggest was a bit of an unfortunate accident moreso than player welfare

We’ve covered this already. Try and keep up.

Just try be more careful in future

Dont know how John Arnold thinks a club championship season could be over in Cork in 6 days. If you lose first 2 games good chance you could end up in relegation trouble so 3rd game is vital.

Have been saying this for a while now. Quarter finals should be:

JMcD winners/runners up vs provincial winners, with JMcD teams having home advantage. Would be a great “spread the gospel” move.

Provincial runners up vs third placed team from other province. The Provincial runners up to get semi-home advantage - i.e., not a home game but the match should be played at a venue in their province.

1 Like

I thought there was a rule if you play in another county championship for a club you could only play for that club in that season? Is that a thing ordoes it notcount playing abroad

Defo an exemption for the states

There used to be a dispensation for players who played in the USA. You had to sit out a month between your last game in the US before you could play for your home club.

Not sure if it is still in place or what the regulation is now

Move back club games or bring back that rule. Essentially they are playing in another county. If your gone for the summer then you sre out of county championship. For IC players anyway

Young fellas should be given that chance to play abroad but clubs will have to work around with the squad they have

If you get a sanction today you cannot play here for 30 days.
I was playing in the USA on a Sunday and was back putting on exhibitions in Ballylooby the following Wednesday. Most lads there will be the same minus the exhibition.

Just looking at this years sanction list there is the same amount as there was always. Probably less than expected considering it was 2 years without a break. There are only so many sanctions to be given out which limits this anyway.

Trying to explain this to lads like @BruidheanChaorthainn is a bit like me trying to take him on in some debate about a donkey derby in Kilbeggen.

8 Likes

Lads should be encouraged to head to states whether it’s a holiday or they just want to go on the beer. July and august is peak holiday seasons for obvious reasons.

The selfish bastards who are stuck at home demanding club championships take place in July and august.

The next generation will see this nonsense for what it is and the clubs will lose out.

Landers naivety on the subject on Daly’s podcast the other day was something to behold.

The naivety of lads on here thinking the next generation of players who are basically trained in inter county academies from 12/13 will have any real attachment to their clubs is incredible.

The split season will be the end of many clubs and change the association for the worse.

It’s just selfishness. I want it this way to suit myself and screw everyone else.

1 Like

Your WUM is very contradictory.

You want to play the county and club games at the same time but are now complaining that there’s club games on in July and August which there would be anyway if you had your way.

1 Like