Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

wouldnt surprise me if it maxed out at 74k

The only thing that might prevent that is neutral interest in the football is usually greater.

If it does go that low the GAA will have to change things. That might mean making a less humiliating u-turn to put minor finals on the bill again rather than what would be a much more humiliating u-turn of admitting they were stupid to put finals on in July.

What was the reasoning behind not having the minor on as a curtain raiser any more?

Youā€™d scare the childer apparently

2 Likes

They donā€™t, but both together are mad to see this game.

Were there many spare tickets being sold in the pubs beforehand Sunday? Iā€™m thinking of taking my chances this weekend and heading down just to see Clifford and Walsh, but with the move away from paper tickets I presume buying a ticket on the day is a much more complicated procedure?

There were dozens of people standing at Gills corner with their hands in the air trying to offload tickets.

How many did the Minor counties get, 10 each?

thats a fair skelp out of the attendance.

Iā€™d say they were being given away as opposed to being sold. I offloaded two tickets to girls I knew living in the area. My social media was alive with people looking to get rid of tickets too.

Iā€™d be surprised if itā€™s as easy for the football final as youā€™ll have way more of a neutral interest.

The split season appears as if it may have another unexpected bonus so. The end of hording of tickets by certain individuals. Instead of looking for tickets off numerous sources, lads will simply ask for a ticket, get the ticket, and no more of it. Thereby leaving more tickets available to the general public, instead of lads who may or may not loiter around outside Gills of an All Ireland Sunday.

Another unexpected bonus, HUZZAH!

1 Like

Itā€™s embarrassing for the gaa they canā€™t sell out their tickets for their two biggest days.

Theyā€™d also want to get the finger out if itā€™s going to be two weeks between the semi final and final from now on.

A large portion of people need to know the story with tickets earlier than the Tuesday/Wednesday of game week so they can make travel plans or whatever else.

Theyā€™ll be grand. Adds to the excitement.

There were phones being held up in the air at Gills on Sunday people were that desperate to offload tickets.

Was it 2009 Cork V Kerry football final?Man Utd v Man City on before it. Michael Owen got the late winner. Pub i was in went wild. Not a sinner watching minor final. Doubt it was on a tv in the pub. Great to see minor final on its own now and getting some air to breathe.

2 Likes

Granted I know the Gaa want the hurling final to be their day and what not but Kilkenny and Dublin played a camogie match in Thurles on the Saturday evening. Surely to god they could have stuck this on as a curtain raiser with a 12:45 throw in time last Sunday in Croker.

I know a woman who works as a counsellor in the local town, she is amazed by the number of young lads who are referred to her that struggle with the pressure put on them to succeed in football. You would be surprised what goes on behind closed doors. I think no minor game takes away greatly from the day, but it is probably the right thing to do.

2 Likes

Well if itā€™s remaining at under 17 than definitely yes itā€™s the right decision.

ā‚¬90 be a bit much to go and see Kilkenny play Dublin in a camogie match?

1 Like
2 Likes

Max Rushden :blue_heart: on Twitter: ā€œLate to this, but this is sensationalā€ / Twitter