Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Thereā€™s just too much else on at this time of the year for people to be engaged with July All Ireland Finals. Iā€™d usually wander along to the All Ireland Football Final in mid September, because what else would be doing by then.

A second Sunday in Croke Park in mid to late July didnā€™t hold much appeal, even if I had a clear run at it. My missus reminded me then earlier in the week, she was at a music festival over this weekend anyway.

I gave my premium tickets to a Kerry woman whoā€™s the mother of one of my young lads, best friends. Sheā€™d ordinarily be struggling for tickets. She rang me this morning to say sheā€™d got 5 Lower Hogan tickets all together, the whole family were now going and would it be okay to give my two Premium tickets to her brother.

Aside from that, I hadnā€™t had one request for All Ireland Final tickets this week, when Iā€™d normally be plagued.

1 Like

Yes the two Sundays in a row is an issue. Try to go to the football final whenever I can but Dublin two weekends in a row is a stretch.

4 Likes

Iā€™d usually go to one of the finals, but sometimes would get the 2 of them in if timelines suited. Harder these days, but the final 2 weeks in a row really puts paid to going to both finals. There definitely should be a 2 week gap between the football and hurling finals, regardless of the time of year etc.

Is that etc. at the end there a bit superfluous @Gman?

Etc?

Not sure why you put that in at the end mate

Weird

1 Like

Is ā€œa bitā€ superfluous, mate?

ā€˜Mateā€™ is probably superfluous there. Two strawberries in a pod for years.

No need for the ā€˜probablyā€™ there.

1 Like

Bastard. But the silver lining is your ā€˜thereā€™ wasnā€™t needed.

1 Like

You have me there. I realised after a couple of minutes but felt an edit was inappropriate given the pedantry on show.

1 Like

:rofl: :grinning:
I actually thought you might and wanted to get back asap but a conversation of some import had broken out with mrs J and she hates it when I drift on to my phone while weā€™re talking, even if its to search something weā€™re talking about.

1 Like

Forgive me but I have zero understanding for supporters outside of competing counties wanting to attend AI finals I just donā€™t get it and in years where tickets are scare youā€™re depriving someone from them one of those counties being there

3 Likes

I go to the football every year no matter whos in it.Im depriving nobody of anything.Any Gael worth his salt will be able to get tickets.

7 Likes

Iā€™d never attend an AI final if Limerick werenā€™t involved literally couldnā€™t care less who won at that stage

Youā€™ve a pass Leitrim will never be involved on the big day Iā€™m referring to serous counties across football and hurling

I can only blame myself this time.

Yes.

What did you do in 2018 when the hurling final was mid August?

Fuck all not much can be done with fictional premium tickets

I gave my premium tickets to the make a wish Foundation this year. It was little Willie John-joe Dan McCarthyā€™s dream to go to an AI final to support Kerry so i couldnā€™t deny little Willie John -Joe Dan that dream. Iā€™ll go next year.

3 Likes