Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Incredible. Another victory for the split season

2 Likes

Stick to the Cookie Rugby kid, now that the Limerick hurling bandwagon is grounded for the next 7-8 months. Iā€™d hate to see you embarrassing yourself again on All Ireland Football weekend.

no, it was an addition to the overall discussion on the split season, so there should be a 2 week gap regardless of the split season.

You can also add the club calendar to that too. There should be a two week gap regardless of how the club calendar stacks up.

So fuck you, etc.

Maybe its just a long standing tradition as much as anything. My grandad used to go to every final since the 40s. He would tell me stories of him and 3 or 4 friends arranging a taxi to Dublin which would take hours, getting a big fried breakfast on the route, sitting pitchside on the old concrete benches. He was at pretty much every football and hurling final until he died about 30 years ago. I was lucky enough to get to 4 or 5 All irelands with him and my dad in the late 80s when I was only a chap. 3 of us heading up to the match. Some of my best memories are going to All Irelands with him, deciding who weā€™d go for on the way up. Invariably it would be the Leinster team if they were in the final, except for Kilkenny. Iā€™ve been lucky that due to involvement of GAA stuff that either me or my dad have access to be able to get tickets.

Its a great experience to go to a final that your team isnt in, to take it all in without the nervousness of your own team playing. Its a celebration of the Gaelic games, and it always has been seen that way. Yes a county in a final deserves the majority of the support, but the people up and down the country who do the ground work and work hard at club or county level, its an occasion for them to enjoy too. As Massey says, its not depriving a genuine supporter of a ticket. Iā€™ve yet to see a genuine supporter not get a ticket for a final. Someone who goes to all games and is heavily involved will have enough contacts to get to a final. Iā€™ll also give tickets I can source to people I know looking for them. Iā€™ve sorted I think 4 posters on here for All Ireland final tickets too over the years. And multiple other people that I would know if I can get them one, Iā€™d do what I can.

16 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: i love this faux wedt brit persona trying to wind up lads. Its great. Ill enjoy the football as i always do. This year has been very good. Some fellas on here cant stand the limericks success. A minority of the none limericks who have humbly congratulate us and look forward to their countƬes day in the sun.

The whole thing is just an abomination from start to finish.

The inter county season was under way in early January and we had to play the all Ireland hurling semi finals, final and the football equivalent in three weeks in July.

Croke park didnā€™t sell out once for the first time ever.

The all Ireland final day experience is a bit of a damp squid. No respect for the jubilee teams.

Only a handful of games played this championship that were good in both codes and in hurling weā€™ve more games than ever with this horrific round robin system.

Cathal o neill not allowed in an under 20 all Ireland final because he made an appearance for Limerick in the senior championship. What sort of minutes has he played of competitive hurling since the cork game ? Maybe 2 games in total? How is that good for his development?

The whole thing is just rubbish.

I see in tipp they canā€™t even get refs for club games because they are on holidays.

Teams missing players for vital club championship games because there on holidays.

The epl will be kicking off in two weeks and thatā€™s what the kids will be talking about when they go back to school in early September and not about the two all Ireland finals.

Itā€™s all very sad.

4 Likes

I can see why people want the hurling season extended but my god i am delighted the football is over. An awful watch all year.

What about inter county hurling and club football mid February to mid July followed by inter county football and club hurling start of August until start of December? Very few duel players anymore anyway.

Diarmuid Connolly knows.

1 Like

I have referred to it before how I donā€™t like engaging with you on this topic but the problem with refs in Tipp is to do with disorganisation in the South board. All the other divisions are getting by. Nothing to do with split season.

Missing the promotional opportunity of bringing the cup the schools apparently. Can they still not bring the cup to schools in September?

2 Likes

It obviously doesnt suit bar stoolers like yourself but Spl and Championships back next weekend and Premier league week after. You will be sorted.

Thatā€™s not allowed

The Sunday game wonā€™t allow it

Why not?

Itā€™s against the law

Diarmuid Connolly is one of the best footballers of the last 25 years.

1 Like

Doesnt suit their agenda of course.

And?

The laws of idiots peddling their own canoe

Who said the cup couldnā€™t go to the schools now? You just made that up.