Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

A club season before the inter county season would be the better off two evils.

1 Like

The club season is 3/4 months, the intercounty season is 7 months (and you want to bring it back to 9 months).

You’d know all the form players before IC championship. Lets get it done. Everyone will be happy.

The real benefit of the split season is yet to be seen now that club championships are starting.

Its gas every player club and county seem to be in full agreement with the split season. Only fellas in the pub and online seem to have an issue with it

4 Likes

Let the elite intercounty players play during the EPL off-season in sweltering heat. Leave the winter for your club mullockers and Jason Forde types to flake around in mud and shite.

TFK is an AFC Wimbledon stronghold. We don’t recognise MK shit hole as a club.

Any county team worth their salt are back training long before January.

Sunlit uplands ahead. The anti-inter county lobby have TAKEN BACK CONTROL. All they’re missing is a bus with a promise of £350 million every week for the NHS written on the side of it.

You stated clubs would be decimated. Cork out since mid June. Which big names are missing for Cork hurling championship the weekend?

I see the island’s premier club championship - the Box Office Industries Tyrone Senior Football Championship, doesn’t begin until the weekend of September 25th.

It began last year on October 3rd.

Return the All-Irelands to their rightful place in September.

1 Like

Is that fully knockout and is there a league played beforehand which affects seeding, etc?

Its a pure open draw.

But they take their 15 round League very seriously up there.

Look at that draw. Some mouthwatering ties. No second chances. That’s what a proper championship is supposed to look like.

1 Like

The Tyrone SFC is the only remaining knockout championship in the country. It’s a total outlier in a single code county.

Tyrone’s championship is done in 4 rounds whereas Tipperary/Cork/Limerick is 15/16.

That’s a fault with the Tipperary/Cork/Limerick championships, not Tyrone.

Tyrone’s championship is the best because it is knockout and open draw.

That’s what every championship should be.

1 Like

Tyrone take their leagues very seriously, this is not the case in the vast majority of other counties.

I disagree with a straight knockout championship although it does allow the outsider to sneak through.

Again, that’s the fault of those other counties.

1 Like

I’m going to head up this if it doesn’t clash with the arc.

1 Like

Dromore v Killyclogher and Trillick v Dungannon look to be ‘The Games’ there.

Moys Philly Mac with the updates on Twitter will be absolutely iconic.

2 Likes

He takes you right into the heart of it.

You can almost feel the autumn night air of Healy Park off his tweets.

Carrickmore v Coalisland is some tie.

I think @BruidheanChaorthainn and Roy Curtis should be sent up on a joint expedition to take in at least three of those first round games.

2 Likes