Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Yes, it has already been decided.

The qualifiers have been abolished and are replaced with four round robin groups of four. Only one team will be eliminated in each group.

The 16 teams which take part in the round robin will be determined on league placings.

Provincial championships become essentially meaningless.

It’s the worst format yet.

Fuckin terrible.

So any lad who hurls with Ballyduff and went to America for the summer will have missed their entire championship.

Good enough for the cunts and their enjoyable summer

How many games did you go to this weekend?

1 Like

Moyle Rovers a powerhouse in Tipperary football had to give walkovers in Junior and Intermediate Championship in Tipp this weekend. cc @BruidheanChaorthainn @GeoffreyBoycott

A combination of Indiependance, Galway Races, Weddings, Stags, America and some other Festival up the country seem to be the official reasons why.

John Costello and Jim Roche were definitely ahead of the curve in Dublin not fixing games this weekend just gone.

2 Likes

It’s all very sad but lads will only realise it when the clubs fold and the pitches are sold.

We’re you at any game this weekend?

1 Like

Junior football matches in Tipp were always played through the summer

1 Like

Seems to be walkovers all over the country at minor level.

Almost like the same interest isn’t there like it used to be.

Isn’t there a referee issue too in South Tipp?

August Bank holiday weekend has historically been a Walkover weekend as you well know.

I like a good Windup but try a bit harder bro

1 Like

Think you are right . Dunno about pitches been sold but there is a massive diluting of the club game afoot. Young lads know it too . Similar enough with the rugby where the Cub game was huge & now it’s nothing like it was .

1 Like

It’ll be a dark day in fucking hell when the GAA call off matches for fucking horse racing

:joy::joy:

The intermediate one was the standout one and shouldnt be glossed over too much.

I think we can all agree that playing club championship games these weeks isn’t wise. A simple push back of 4-5 weeks like myself and @GeoffreyBoycott have suggested would solve a lot.

Is that who I think it is?

1 Like

It’s obvious to anybody with a brain what’s happening.

The inter county season is simply ridiculous and takes up way too much of the calendar and then all the interesting games are run off in a short few weeks.

How the clubs got sold this split season crap I’ll never know but it’s all just very sad.

1 Like

I think there are internal problems in Moyle Rovers at the moment as well

1 Like

Wow. Just wow.

Weirdos asking young lads to give up their social lives because they somehow managed to fix their championship games for the busiest holiday month of year isn’t going down well with the next generation?