Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

The GAA was doomed the day the Galway fellas started bateing a track to Americay

Interesting insight to the mindset of the split season advoacates here

We used to think fascism had gone away. How wrong we were.

The All Ireland Hurling Quarter Finals were shoved into lunchtime on a Saturday as a South African Currie Cup, Northern Transvaal v Western Province clash got the Saturday evening Primetime viewing slot.

Broken record. Zzzzzzzzzz

3 Likes

Your are in your 40s or 50s? Fanatical about an East Midlands soccer team with a Greek owner and zero Irish players. All a bit odd. I forgot Harry Arter. Glad he is creaming ye for 30k a week.

1 Like

Bar the oddballs who support Celtic pretty much every club player I know supports an EPL team. all ages. Maybe time to kick them out perchance?

Each to their own. Ive been to a few premier league games, find the local supporters in general despise the tourists. Great standard but all a brand now.

1 Like

Yerrah i havent a clue. The split season gets some fellas hopping

There’s something about your level of boggerism that is quaint for all it’s sillyness. The modern world can be hard to keep up with I’ll grant you that much

I’m not hopping. Do you not agree players were always coming and going?

I’d forgotten about this shameful episode. A self entitled cunt.

We don’t despise Paddy Footix. We’re more amused by Paddy’s level of devotion to our English clubs. While all the time spouting fire and fury out of the other side of his mouth about the England national team and ‘Tans’.

Never in the history of the gaa has the epl overshadowed a championship game until this year.

Nobod watched the epl until after the international break.

Instead of going back to school talking and replicating the magic they saw in croke park the previous day they’ll be heading back talking the premier league.

It’s all very sad.

Clubs will fold thanks to the split season all over the country and has been pointed by a few posters nobody cares in croke park. They want a nine month inter county season with god awful leagues and mini leagues.

1 Like

Mate, throw ins for championship matches have been delayed in the past due to Dubs fan arriving late after watching EPL matches.

3 Likes

I recall Limerick beating Clare by a point in the 2015 championship in what was also the final day of the EPL season.

Stoke beat Liverpool 6-1 the same day.

My main FPL money league went down to the wire that year but I got the job done and enjoyed the few ciders that day.

TNH

Limerick v Waterford last year was delayed however due to Limerick supporters being late.

The “Play All Ireland Final’s in July zealots” will stop at nothing.

They’ve dug their heels in now and are obeying rule number one of the INTERNET - Never admit to being wrong.

1 Like

Birds learn faster than that fella

One of the Wexford lads was remarking on their thread that the Wexford Senior Hurling Championship started midweek on 28 June. Essentially a blitz format with the finalists yesterday playing 8 games over 6 and a half weeks. One for the Wexford contributors, is there many hurling matches over the year now for club hurlers in Wexford outside of that 6/7 week window from the end of June to mid August?