Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Tremendous value.Are they running off the big ball now?

Iā€™m a member of my club, played with my club and served on the committee of my club.

When my club was very close to going under I was at the wheel. I Helped out various underage teams when time allowed.

For somebody under 30 I doubt thereā€™s as many people that have done as much for their clubs in a non playing aspect.

1 Like

Some boast :grinning:

8 Likes

What was wrong last Autumn/Winter with the 2021/22 club season which only kicked into gear in late August?

Iā€™d urge every man here to join a club. Theyā€™d be grateful for the numbers. It could be enough to ensure their small rural club has enough for a second team or they could enjoy the regular dual code action of Junior D in Dublin. Either way playing matches is great.

2 Likes

Most counties played a condensed championship where players only got a few games.

Hi Ole

1 Like

Ole Gunnar is thy name

1 Like

Not the case in Tipp anyway and many others.

Limerick ran theirs off in a blitz so the Big House could flaunt his Holiday Home in Sandy Lane.

Where was Massey when kildimo/pallaskenry was close to folding?

He was nowhere to be seen.

Of course when the adults teams were winning he was straight back in the gate.

1 Like

Fuck ye bate me to it

1 Like

Fuck off you fucking cunt.

2 Likes

Iā€™d have you down a wiry corner-forward.

Week break first and then into it next week.

Much like the intercounty set up, it could do with tweaks, mainly to do with timing and nature of games on so quickly, but again, its limited by the provincial club games. Preferred option would be to have a week break after group stage, and a week leading into finals, so between both codes, that adds a month onto the calendar. Cant do it at the moment, but hopefully common sense prevails at the upper levels for both intercounty and club to have a better timing of games

1 Like

You see Iā€™ve lads on the ropes for weeks and the only way they could counter was to try and make it personal because they figured I wasnā€™t involved in a club. Iā€™ve done as much anybody for my club at my age.

This cause wasnā€™t of course about any one club. It is about the great good of both hurling and football at all levels. So many lads just look at what is good for them and their clubs.

Itā€™s incredibly selfish but Iā€™m well used to it at this stage.

1 Like

Cue the violinsā€¦

Weā€™re constantly told a condensed championship is good. Now itā€™s bad?

Not when club players get half the number of championship games they would normally have gotten ( and are getting this year).

How much media attention is this club activity getting?

The GAA has to compete with professional sports for media attention.

Anybody who thinks it doesnā€™t is away with the fairies.

The local papers are wall to wall club coverage.

4 Likes