GAA Superleague - One Life, One Franchise

Club and county GAA is dead.

Please suggest franchise names and general ideas for the forthcoming 16 team Gaelic Football Superleague and 10 team Hurling Superleague, to start in 2019.

It’s two whole new ball games.

1 Like

Will you pitch this to Sky Sid?

Yes.

JP McManus will be financing a greater Limerick area hurling franchise.

A good idea to set out the franchise owners first. I guess Healy Rae Kingdom would be a strong players in the big ball code.

Bono will own the North Dublin franchise with Denis O’Brien taking charge of the South Dublin one.

Sean Quinn will be setting up a West Ulster franchise.

Donald O’Trump has a lot of friends in Clare and is the natural choice to run the Clare hurling franchise.

Supermacs’ Pat McDonagh will be running the Galway Tribe hurling franchise with the Galway Pharmas football franchise run by Boston Scientific Inc.

The Mayo Roasters

Tom Murphy will own a South Armagh, North Louth, South Down franchise called The Border Bandits.

As the race to own the lucrative franchises hots up, Niall Quinn and the Drumaville consortium of Irish businessmen have now expressed an interest in running the Tipperary hurling franchise.

Is there a salary cap in place? If so, I might be forced to exclude Cavan from the Monaghan/Louth Stony Grey Soilers franchise.

1 Like

Latest news:

Irish band Ham Sandwich have written an official song for the new Tipperary Sempletons hurling franchise, entitled “Premier Passions”. I haven’t heard it but sources tell me “it’s shit”.

Cork looks set to be be without a football franchise due to lack of interest.

Cork-based Apple Inc. have thus stepped into the breach to fund an Armagh franchise instead, on the condition that the team plays in green. Locals are otraged and want to keept the traditional orange colours but this is believed to be a deal breaker for Apple.

The Laois / Offaly BUFFALOs .

The joint Laois/Offaly/Westmeath/Longford/Roscommon franchise has secured a sponsorship deal with McDonalds. The team will be called Team McDonald’s Drive Throughs™, to reflect the pointless nature of all five counties.

This is officialy the worst thread in tfk history

4 Likes

Start date adjourned to 2023

Pfizer currently expressing serious interest in funding the Kerry football franchise

Team Avonmore Kilkenny Cats are good to go - I think I’ll support them in the hurling

Professionalism is inevitable. The GAA in fact sanctioned it when they made their pact with the devil. Serious players won’t give up the best years of their lives anymore for nothing. A lot of them go to college now too

The big throw in is imminent.

Kilmacud Crokes have secured one of the prized franchises and are getting their transfer business done early.

KPMG Girl’s lovely Daddy is some negotiator for them.