Galway Utd Supporters Club

1 zip

Bad performance but the win streak is all that matters

Wasnā€™t there tonight @Diabhal, Iā€™m interested to know how many constitute a full house in EDP?

4300 these days. Was defo more than that even 10 years ago but maybe safety regulations lowered it.

In fairness they were literally refusing money at the gates so it was a legit sellout. Probably 1000ish kids from clubs at it.

1 Like

Things you love to see.

A fine crowd for a Division One game against Cobh.

The streak is over after a fairly poor display. Plenty of chances in the second half. Waterford slipping up is a real blessing and makes Friday even more critical.

First points dropped. Every team has a wibble. Hopefully not a wobble.

It was around this time last year we lost all momentum and Cork started to pull away. Hopefully lessons are learnt from 2022. Certainly a much more talented squad but still tactically strange choices like starting Lomboto every week.

1 Like

Hon the fucking Tribesmen

3 Likes

Your brief but valued analysis le do thoilā€¦

Very solid first 80 minutes. Let in a soft enough goal when they assumed it shouldā€™ve been a GUFC throw-in. Defended well then after that. Waterford conceded the thickest cunt of a penalty in the second half that they never really recovered from.

Walshy, McCarthy, Slevin and McCormack all excellent.

Highlight of the night was Oliver Horgan waltzing past the Waterford support shrugging off a mountain of abuse.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ultras from Galway. Lol

Great to see

Youā€™d want your head examined driving up the Dyke Road from 9.30 until 10pm

Have supported the club all my life. Avidly follow the Galway hurlers and footballers, but GUFC was always my bread and butter throughout my childhood and later life.I donā€™t get to go to EDP anything like Iā€™d like to anymore. But thereā€™s some buzz around the club and the league of Ireland in general. Itā€™s fucking fantastic to see.

6 Likes

Was at cobh v Kerry last Monday, first league of Ireland game in around 8 or 9 years,I couldnā€™t believe how much the standard of football has improved compared to back then.

3 Likes

Even in the last 5 years the standard of first division football is significantly better. Thereā€™s nowhere near as much route one as there used to be. Lads like Alex Murphy and young Kevin Zefi both featured recently and have the skills to play top level football and at least get capped at senior for Ireland.

2 Likes

Shite first half before two soft enough goals saw us over. Walshy brace is good for the aul heart.

1 Like

Solid few weeks again. Missed the match yesterday but heard they were never really in trouble.

Looking forward to this bank holiday Monday clash against Harps.

1 Like