Galway v Clare

That could apply to most posters here buddy.

Thatā€™s the new reality in hurling now. Back to back wins will increasingly be a thing of the past, such is the effort involved in winning one now or even getting to the latter stages.

Itā€™s still as easy as ever for the Leinster counties to win back to back if theyā€™re good enough. The second best team in Leinster would finish last in Munster

1 Like

Youā€™re all fucking cracked

1 Like

In the new format itā€™s easier than ever to win back to back all Irelandā€™s. Iā€™m theory you could lose 3 games and still be in the championship.

Commentatorā€™s eye.

Canā€™t beat a reliable free taker alright.

Cork have Clare beaten twice already and could still have to beat them a third time,as said before thatā€™s a joke.

2 Likes

Limerick v Clare really will be the peopleā€™s final

Galway should just give up the ghost now and have a quiet lead up to Christmas, refreshed, fit and with some actual tactics for next year.

It was my first time seeing Galway live since the 2016 quarter final. They have some quality stickmen but it is a very rudamentry almost agricultural style of hurling. Very impressive in terms of physicality and strength but I wouldnā€™t be overly enamoured with their style.

Think Cork would cause them serious bother if they were to meet. Galway wides in the second quarter yesterday kept us in it yet we left them off the hook with a lot if unforced errors second half. Great contest.

Was surprised how inexperienced and shallow the galway bench was yesterday too.

1 Like

What issue did you have with Owens?

Galway are almost stuck at a point now where powerful aerial teams like kk and tipp have gone and slicker passing is in, we built a team to combat the former, canā€™t see us making enough adjustments in a week for the latter especially with canning and Mac doubtful and daithi playing on injections. Widely known amongst us that thereā€™s no real cover in midfield and backs.

Tipp are not powerful in the air, itā€™s been a major deficiency for years.

Maher brothers, bonnar, callinan (when both right), brendan maher, Barrett, breen are all strong in the air, plus more. They might have dipped this year but that was the team galway were set up to beat.

Thought he let an awful lot go in terms ā€œtacklingā€ and missed a lot of blatant pulls and hands on the back which invariably seemed to suit Galway being the more physical/direct side.

Glynn was excellent yesterday as were the two Mannions who are outstanding hurlers.

2 Likes

I thought you were above wilfully misinterpreting what I said.

Iā€™ve said it all season Galway were obsessed with those tipp and kk teams and their styles of direct ball. Limerick, clare and cork offer something very different albeit the more times they play these teams the more youā€™d assume theyll learn.

Iā€™m not sure it did suit Galway as we were driving so many 50/50 balls it suited Clare to play the man a bit and break it where ye then made hay. I thought he gave a few frees to Kelly and other lads who because of size and low position initial contact always looks high while let away some grappling of our bigger forwards. Canning and Glynn were just wrapped up by markers all day. Thatā€™s life and we should be playing for frees or be aggressive enough to break free. But fair play ye had full faith in the system and never waivered, Clareā€™s touch when they got going was out of this world.

But sure tipp and kk were winning all Irelandā€™s, thatā€™s who they had to beat the last few years, this being the fourth epic semi in a row for this team. Might need to go a different direction next year.

Outrageous dive.
He must of had himself backed to win a free.

Them two points in the 50th minute where Kelly broke a puckouts to the onrushing Galvin and then Duggan grabbing the puckouts and firing it straight over the bar would keep you warm over the winter. Great scores

1 Like