Galway v Clare

1 Like

The Clare hurlers that won 2 all irelands have a set against Galway. I can understand Jamesie being bitter as he was evicted but not sure of Daly’s motives. Maybe twas when we gave them wrong directions in 95.

2 Likes

Daly is a bitter, trough snouted, gurning, clare bollox.

10 Likes

You sound like the Limerick lads

Galway are there to be taken apart and Clare finally have the players and the management team to do it. Galway lose on Saturday and they’ll always be remembered as criminal underachievers.

What a compliment…

1 Like

Galway’s legacy is secure even if they lose on Saturday.

As bottlers? Harsh enough. They only really threw away one all ireland between 2012 and 2016 imo. Last years all Ireland was incredibly soft though. They beat Wexford, tipp, Dublin and Waterford none of whom made the Semi finals this year. Only Wexford actually made it out of the group phase.

Last year you had Tipperary in the semi final for the 9th time in 10 seasons and Waterford for the 9th time in 12 seasons. This year instead of almost perennial semi finalists Waterford and Tipperary you have Clare who prior to this year only appeared in one of the last 11 semi finals and Limerick who prior to this year appeared in 4 of the previous 16 semi finals.

7 Likes

As I said the form worked out terribly.

The three most regular semi finalists since the re-structuring of the Championship in 2002 all in transition at the same time and all absent from the semi finals this year. Its understandable that you’re so giddy with excitement about almost perennial also rans Limerick and Clare getting this far.

2 Likes

Past performance is not indicative of future results.
I would have thought a gambler would know this rule.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what relevance 2004 has to anything or the last 16 years. We are in the here and now. Stop living in the past.

Why are you living in 2017 then?

2 Likes

I’m merely pointing out for Galway to cement their legacy they’ll need a second all ireland. They beat a very average Waterford team in the final.

You’re the one running down the merits of Galway’s All Ireland in 2017 for ‘only’ beating Tipperary in the semi final and Waterford in the final.

Yet you big up Clare 2018 as a pedigree team even though they have only 7 of the 15 starters from their 2013 winning team - the 2013 All Ireland which would rank as one of the softest ever won.

4 Likes

There was nothing average about that Waterford team. They hammered Cork in an AI SF who Limerick haven’t been able to beat in championship hurling in recent memory (including 2018 so far). The bottom line is Waterford, Galway, Tipperary and Cork were the four best teams in 2017, a fact that has little to do with 2018.

1 Like

When did Limerick last win a second All Ireland? Mick Mackey was playing I think.

A bit harsh seeing Limerick have more All Ireland’s than Galway.

How is it harsh? An AI is hard won, and two in a row is the sign of a great team rather than a good one. How many great teams have there been by that metric in the past 50 years?