Galway v Tipp

He is a fine hurler no doubt. Calling him probably the best CB in the Country is a stretch considering how loose of a man marker he can be IMO.

Not a great era for centre backs, he’s there or thereabouts.

Not quite that much.

He got ripped…

Brendan Maher is a superior CB IMO.

Too light

Brendan Maher was exceptional in the 2010 AI run. Not sure he’s ever reached those heights since he broke his ankle.

1 Like

Aye he hasn’t played that many good games since 2010. Solid last year to be fair, has a thankless job to do this year. 2013 he actually hurled a very good league campaign and I saw him a few times for Borrisoleigh and he was very good for them that year as well but unfortunately it was a bad year for Tipp

Why was johnny Glynn unheard of before the cork match ?
Would it be that he’s one step away from being useless but had a lucky day against a poor cork team ?
It’ll be interesting to see how well he’ll do tomorrow against credible opposition.

You must have missed the Tipperary v Galway match last year. He scored two goals and destroyed Padraic Maher.

1 Like

FFS, @Brimmer_Bradley i’ll kick the fuck out of you if you don’t up your game. :rage:

You’re making it too easy for Geoff.

You don’t actually think he’s one of yours do you? In fairness, Tipp are well enough represented here anyway.

Galway by 5 in a repeat of 1993. Tipp won’t be able to get to the speed of the game due to the 5 week layoff. Canning to run riot.

Galway won by 3 in 1993

OK I’ll take 3 then. Point is Tipp were big favorites then as now and were turned over.

You may be right, Tipp are justified favourites but shouldn’t be as warm as they are. No way should Galway be 9/4.

1-16 to 1-14.

Was that the first time in Gaa history favorites were beaten in an Intercounty match? Am i missing something here? How did ye not beat us last year?

Correct, the gargle’s dimmed me brain…

Agreed.
But O’Brien at corner back is a worry for me, hope i’m wrong as I’ve good time for him. He would never hurl corner back for the club.