Galway v Tipp

spread is 3 points…

Why are Paddy Stapleton and Michael Cahill not on the team?

Tipp are odds on -3, Galway 11/10 +3 is a decent bet.

I doubt many county corner backs play corner back for their club as they’d be needed in a central position. I wouldn’t be too worried about him, he’s been there a good while now and rarely let’s us down but I would probably prefer Stapleton there or ideally Michael Cahill if he was fit

Injuries

O’Brien would go well at wing back.

Ya I’d actually prefer Breen rather than Ronan Maher on the wing. Breen is a lot more physical and aggressive

I was just comparing the Tipperary team for this match with the one for last year’s drawn All-Ireland.

11 of the 15 from last year start tomorrow. Paddy Stapleton, Gearoid Ryan, Noel McGrath and Lar Corbett make way for Conor O’Brien, Ronan Maher, Jason Forde and Niall O’Meara.

To my non-Tipperary-trained eye, the four who have come in don’t look to be an improvement?

O’Meara has been a very impressive addition to the attack.

Forde as well to be fair

We were burnt out after two weeks on the trot against the cats. In reality in modern hurling there are not that many surprise results once we get to this stage. Galway have provided a fair few of them in fairness. Anyway I’m shitfaced in Republique so what would I know. Hope for a great game and may the best team win.

2 Likes

Had a few pints with a strangely well informed Newport man tonight, great character and very knowledgeable in fairness. He claimed the serious weak link is O’Brien in corner back. Thinks Flynn could go to town on him

He also admitted that Galway were robbed in 89 and Rabbitte sexually abused in 93. A thorough alright sort.

2 Likes

its 9.27pm in vancouver, 5.27am in beautiful galway and 1927 in tipperary. now that brimmer is off molesting sleeping animals here’s maroonandwhites match preview.

as much as I think tipp are over rated, and looked ordinary for long periods against waterford, the fact is we are also over rated. Dublin should have beaten us the first day, the start they gave us the second day made the game a farce and since that we’ve beaten dross in laois and cork and never looked like beating kilkenny. as much as tom ryan might love it we just have no gameplan and thats going to kill us. i’m not suggesting a defensive system, which wouldn’t be a bad thing maybe, but when johnny or donnellan catch the ball there’s no set plan how to develop the play from there. look at glynns goal against cork, as bewildering as it was that cork just watched him stroll in, there was no one nearby from galway making themselves available for a handpass if he was tackled, as he should have been. this happened numerous times against kilkenny. we’ve been crying out for a good short passing game, some good diagonal ball and runners off shoulders, clare mastered it in 2013, kilkenny have developed it since but we struggle badly as its never been stuck with. when the going gets tough, we hoof high floating ball into joe or johnny or whoever. it worked against dublins terrible defending and against tipp for a while last year but its real low percentage stuff. what kills us is not having an effective midfield to win breaking ball and give short passes, smith is fine but he almost always ends up carrying his partner. david burke should be made for it, but lets it pass him, him playing well against a terrible cork team doesnt change any opinions on that.

i still have no faith in Hanbury, if galway dont have extra help back there, all match, its gonna be gruesome, just crowd the space in front of callinan as waterford did and he should be quiet, we just have to hope padraig mannion can limit bubbles. the way tan is wilting in games its kinda hoping that he has a good game rather than knowing he will. he also wouldnt be much good running after bonnar or trying to keep track of brendan maher, he can only really hold his position and defend well in the air. tipp were well able to exploit brick walsh at the end of his centre back career for similar flaws so i’d fear on that front.

i have no worries about our levels of physicality or our heads not being in the game, we always seem mentally right when we play tipp, the contrast to when we play waterford. i dont think theres a massive difference in quality forward wise, canning is the best player on the pitch tomorrow, but bubbles and brendan maher are probably the next two. mannion and flynn got too much space against cork and will get little tomorrow, the’ll both develop well in years to come but its too soon for them, tipp arent world beaters, but neither are we. Tipp by 7.

Sorry Har. There was drink involved and I was prepping myself for a night out for more drink. Anyway it’s only building them up for a mighty fall later today, sure enough Glynn got his 2 soft goals. Sure didn’t Galway need them to keep up to us once we woke up.

Give over them old sensible well thought posts will you maroonandshite. You’re better fun when you’re losing the plot over games that have absolutely no relevance to hurling today or the past 20 years. Where will you watch it today btw ?

Edit. You stupid cunt.

1 Like

In the leaba pal. I could pay 20 dollars to watch it downtown in some faux irish bar but i have the gaa go pass and i want to watch it intently. Theres a social for the gaa clubs on here tonight and a lad rang me earlier saying sure we could just go out and stay drinking til 8am when the match starts. Roaster alert! Not a hope of me sleeping though im off the giddy scale with false optimism, minors are on in a few hours so til then i might go to war on tfk, or watch netflix.

3 Likes

You absolute gimp. Giving it big licks all week before predicting a Tipp win so you can cling to that if Galway flop. You cowardly bastard.

2 Likes

I just call it as i see it pal. Wouldn’t be very fair of me calling out bluffers from wexford and clare etc for their delusion only to come out with the same myself. How is logic cowardice? You’re on your holidays and you have to pretend to like lowry and rogbee to sawt afriiccans who are mad about both topical subjects. Youve adopted a pathetic d4 persona and its causing you to hate yourself, i can only hope your monaghan lady doesnt tussle whats left of your hair or the response might be the exact opposite of mccanns feigning injury. I fear you might go out to cause some, you brute.

1 Like

Great stuff pal… Make sure to keep both hands on the laptop after Canning fires home our first goal.