Galway v Tipperary - All Ireland Senior Hurling Semi-Final 2017

Ah no, those days are long gone.

Oh it is, every Monday and Thursday at 12pm on Newstalk.

:joy:

I’ll take this to Yahoo if I have to. Cahill is gonzo mate.

Can you not see the implicit blasphemy ?

Cyril has absolutely no bitterness towards Tipp. A great man

Agree but I am wondering does he wish he handled the whole situation differently ?

Any sign of @Brimmer_Bradley? Has he shit his outrageous purple shorts?

+1. Cyril is a great hurling man and a proper alright sort. Every tipp hurling man recognises this. @Mullach_Ide even awarded me a celeb spot for seeing him in Gort recently

1 Like

Absolutely. Those tippy tappy matches with over 50
scores a game are just vulgar and do nothing for me. Still 41 scores in the game yesterday in which defences seemed to be on top. Up until 7-8 years, 40+ scores equated to a high scoring game. Wexford’s 0-9 to 0-8 win over Offaly in Nowlan Park in the 2006 Leinster Championship still the benchmark of defensive excellence.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

Galway crowd giving Seamie dogs abuse yesterday??

Yep

There’s gougers in every county, mate. There’s nothing shocking there. Sure Joe Canning shipped a nice bit of abuse here during the week from pasty-legged keyboard warriors and the like.

Where I was sitting, the Galway fans were acknowledging the quality of some of the Tipp scores. I will admit to calling Seamie a fucker after Daithi Burke’s block landed back to him, but it was along the lines of “how did that fucker manage to score?”

2 Likes

Context is everything

As a Tipp man it will be good for the game for Galway to win it out. They play the game the way it should be played, man on man, displaying aerial prowess and good honest hard hitting with incredible array of score taking. The only thing they lack is ability to go for the jugular and get goals. The all ireland final was yesterday in everything but name.

I think next weeks affair will be drab with Waterford looking to stangle Corks vaunted forward line. They will be reliant on Austin Gleesons shooting from a 100+ yards and Brick Walsh flopping on the ground to win soft frees. I am hoping for a Cork Galway final and I think this Galway team have been on the road longer and there time is now. It has been a mercurial rise for Cork but its Galway by 4 in the final.

4 Likes

Yes but you had two fantastic forward lines yesterday. [quote=“GeoffreyBoycott, post:1938, topic:24512, full:true”]
Absolutely. Those tippy tappy matches with over 50
scores a game are just vulgar and do nothing for me. Still 41 scores in the game yesterday in which defences seemed to be on top. Up until 7-8 years, 40+ scores equated to a high scoring game. Wexford’s 0-9 to 0-8 win over Offaly in Nowlan Park in the 2006 Leinster Championship still the benchmark of defensive excellence.
[/quote]

1 Like

Did Tipp play a sweeper yesterday? Or was that proper man on man hurling?

There was a nice choir going in Hill 16 but you are right, plenty of gougers in every county.

1 Like

Also, does Canning play a traditional 11?