Galway v Tipperary - All Ireland Senior Hurling Semi-Final 2017

Proper man on man hurling.

I was on the Hill in 2000 for the replay against Kerry and I was gob-smacked with the shit the Kerry ‘fans’ were coming out with. It tainted my view of Kerry fans for years, but in hindsight it was nothing but a collection of pissed-up teenagers carrying on like apes.

I had good bants with the Tipp fans leaving Croker yesterday, as well as receiving a few ‘good luck’ texts from Premier county work colleagues and pals. No more than myself, I’d say you’re long enough in the tooth not to let the actions of a few gimps taint the rest of us.

1 Like

I’m biased but I think the future of the game would be best served by a Cork victory if style of play is the subject, there’s no place for a few small lads in that Galway team,
But they’re a brilliant team, awesome, and I think they’re too strong for Cork, they’d destroy Waterford.

Stop now you … I saw yourself and Gil going on about how Cork need this win … Just stop.

2 Likes

This is a photo I took of Waterford Kilkenny in Thurles. It is turgid fucking bullshit to watch and these tactics cannot be allowed to prevail. I think it will be Cork but if its Waterford I hope its 2008 part deux.

6 Likes

I’m here. Just not online a lot because of the hols.

I can still hear the “2 in a row” chants coming from the Railway End in 1988 :face_vomiting:
Little Davy got dogs abuse from Tipp fans back in the day, wouldn’t be into that shit myself.

My hope - as I said on the train coming home last night - is that a different county wins the all Ireland over the next five years - Galway, Cork, Waterford, Tipp and even poor aul Limerick. We are happy out with an all Ireland or two every decade and we soak it up. Winning back-to-backs might turn us into a joyless auld crowd. It’ll be good for the game to have a few years without Kilkenny at business end, and it might even be good to have Tipp away from top table.

1 Like

Take a break. Come back to us refreshed.

Only watched it this morning. Padraig Mannion was consistently excellent throughout. McInerney caught some great ball but did little with it, either giving a loopy bandpass to a colleague or was dispossessed when hr tried to break a tackle.

1 Like

Everybody needs the win except Kilkenny mate, Corks current drought will be their longest ever if they don’t win it this year.
I’m on record as saying I’ll be delighted for Galway but couldn’t stand to see this Waterford team win it, it wouldn’t be good for the health of the game at all, Cork play the most pleasing brand of hurling for the neutral although I wouldn’t expect much people to admit it,
Anyway you’d enjoy piggybacking on the celebrations.

How do you know what the neutral likes? Go way ta fuck - The hurling public love reckless abandonment as witnessed yesterday -

Cork have a nice system but have been involved in nice open games which is no fault of their own but it hasn’t been seriously tested in yesterday’s fashion yet and you may not either if Waterford stick to their guns.

Cork need the win like oxygen pal

I wish them well… I think it might be a year or two too early but it would be great to see a glut of different winners over the next few years, like the 90s, it would do the game wonders after years of the evil empire and seeing as Football is also a 3 way horse at best.

Bollocks.

3 Likes

You were fawning over Waterford Hurling last week you gobshite.

Cork went 16 years without winning an All Ireland from 1903 to 1919.

4 Likes

Where was that mate?

1 Like

Cork play non contact hurling mate. Unless they shit themselves Galway will beat them handy

2 Likes