Gardai acting quite aggressively

In contrast to the thread title, they weren’t acting quite aggressively enough here. Not too hot not too cold, just right.

I remember a debate on newstalk one time with a GRA lad and a male civil liberties type. The GRA lad had a thick Meath accent and couldn’t make a point at all unfortunately bar repeating statistics on attacks. The civil liberties Union fella had no argument bar ‘cameras would change the interaction between guards and people’ and wouldn’t explain what he meant and how this was negative when pressed by the presenter. It was an awful segment really.

I must have heard same guy, this lad was a pure mucker.

Have they explained their reasons for reluctance? Valid?

Would it be recording their every move or do they need to turn it on?

The Guard would have to activate it themselves and are supposed to say they are about to start recording.

:joy::joy::joy:
You feel this narrows it down?

1 Like

They made hard work out of arresting that lad, I’m surprised they put up with the pushing and shoving. I thought you’d get a few belts of a baton for pushing a Garda like that.

Pre cameras you would.

1 Like

Garda treated in hospital after being assaulted and doused in ‘accelerant’ (via @IrishTimes) Garda treated in hospital after being assaulted and doused in ‘accelerant’

Lots of unanswered questions that may well go unanswered.

Bizarre stuff
Wonder what the story is there

Stopped a car full of lads who were off to a different job ?

The Blac can be a rough spot at times.

1 Like

Haven’t heard of this.
Sounds the business.
Anybody stung?

Is that app not years old?

That article is from August 2019

3 Likes

Most insurance company agents have this when keying in policy details

1 Like

I know, but I’ve gone through several checkpoints but have never been scanned by a phone.

I dont think they actually scan yourself

automatic number recognition yet to reach Craggy Island?